Special Offer on Tacwise Hobby Nail Gun..

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

I think you may find the 191el pro the better model and think they are about £50. I have used these for years and thousands of frames, i would also suggest buying from your local B&Q and keeping the receipt. Then when you burn it out a quick exchange is possible.

Just checked out the site they have new models would suggest those around the 50-76 mark as they are more robust

Regards Ian

Last edited:
The 4000 staples are about useless for frames and modst too short anyway ( might be alright for shallows but not brood).

200 x 15mm nails won't go far and if it won't accept 16mm, it will expensive to run it - I know that from my Craftsman manumatic stapler/nailer.

The Arrow electric brad nailers are good, and for anyone with a small compressor the Lidl nail gun would do the job for £20 (not sure how long-lived they are, as yet.

Soo, I would be wary and do some more research before buying...

:iagree: ! have a similar gun I bought before I started beekeeping and the only thing it's good for is stapling varroa mesh to the floors,

The 4000 staples are about useless for frames and modst too short anyway ( might be alright for shallows but not brood).

200 x 15mm nails won't go far and if it won't accept 16mm, it will expensive to run it - I know that from my Craftsman manumatic stapler/nailer.

The Arrow electric brad nailers are good, and for anyone with a small compressor the Lidl nail gun would do the job for £20 (not sure how long-lived they are, as yet.

Soo, I would be wary and do some more research before buying...

The offer includes 2,000 nails plus 2,000 staples. Th0rnes are charging £41 for the same item with just the nails and no staples, seems like a good deal to me!

Hi

I think you may find the 191el pro the better model and think they are about £50. I have used these for years and thousands of frames, i would also suggest buying from your local B&Q and keeping the receipt. Then when you burn it out a quick exchange is possible.

Just checked out the site they have new models would suggest those around the 50-76 mark as they are more robust

Regards Ian

:iagree:

I use one of these, bought from screwfix.

The smaller model wears out quicker, I know someone who's has gone through three of the 53's in just about two season's and they get them exchanged when they break.

Pays your money makes your choice.

The offer includes 2,000 nails plus 2,000 staples

My apologies, a typo or reado! Even so, 2000 won't go that far at eleven or twelve per frame. Further more I use longer brads for the shoulder nails (14 x 12 brood frames in particular), and so my arrow nailer is far more useful elsewhere rather than just for frames. I think it will drive 32mm nails, or around that length.

Latest posts

Back