Hello John..... Got a new Nail-gun?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahem...

Back on topic, I use a small electric Rapesco nailer and find it excellent and quick for putting frames together.

I found my Rapesco nailer useless for anything as flimsy as frames as I couldn't fire the nail in an accurate location. What size nails are you using?

Just (today) bought a Tacwise 191EL-Pro 240V Nailer from Screwfix today - will report back when I start to use it...

R2 :hurray:

I found my Rapesco nailer useless for anything as flimsy as frames as I couldn't fire the nail in an accurate location. What size nails are you using?

Fire off a few into a spare bit of wood until you get the feel for it and can see where the nail is exiting relative to the head. Then mark carefully exactly where the nails exits, and use that as your guide when frame-making. You should get your nails in exactly the right spot every time. More accurate than fingers and a tack-hammer!

Yes practice on scrap timber if possible as the longer nails can from time to time bend and come out sideways so remember keep your fingers a safe distance.

It is also worth remembering that the nail fired from a gun will not have the same clamping properties as a standard nail and hammer.

Latest posts

Back