Speaker Wanted - Preparing Honey For Sale & Show

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodenBeam

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
More than a few
Our local association are looking for evening speakers over the Winter months. Can anyone recommend / know of / is, a person who could present on preparing honey for sale/show.

What we are after, I think, is somebody who can present to very newbees, 1 hive, straight from extractor to jar, sieve, what's that then :eek: Up to people with 80+ hives & buckets of honey stacked to the ceiling who have so much experience they have forgotten about the days before heated capping trays & warming boxes :sifone:
The idea of the evening would be to cover off the basic's of hive to jar to the above levels but then also present about the different types of honey classes & preparing, runny, soft set/creamed (same thing :confused:), granulated, chunk, cut comb, sections.....etc

Only at discussion stage at present, but if you know of anybody it would be great to hear from you.

Our local association are looking for evening speakers over the Winter months. Can anyone recommend / know of / is, a person who could present on preparing honey for sale/show.

What we are after, I think, is somebody who can present to very newbees, 1 hive, straight from extractor to jar, sieve, what's that then :eek: Up to people with 80+ hives & buckets of honey stacked to the ceiling who have so much experience they have forgotten about the days before heated capping trays & warming boxes :sifone:
The idea of the evening would be to cover off the basic's of hive to jar to the above levels but then also present about the different types of honey classes & preparing, runny, soft set/creamed (same thing :confused:), granulated, chunk, cut comb, sections.....etc

Only at discussion stage at present, but if you know of anybody it would be great to hear from you.

where in Suffolk are you?

( might be able to recommend a lady from Norfolk )

Did you find a suitable speaker in the end - I noticed there was an article to this effect in the BBKA newsletter this month.

On a related note, we are exploring the options for a new cheshire branch, and I would welcome any thoughts you have had on speakers - PM me if needs be.

LJ

What timing. We are actually having our meeting this coming Thursday & a chap from the neighbouring county is presenting to us on preparing honey etc etc Found out about him from seeing an article in their local newsletter.
That aside, we have had some really good guest speakers but one that does stick in my mind is Clive de Bruyn. Very entertaining, cannot rate highly enough.

yep, we had Clive @ the last Norfolk BKA AGM as the guest speaker, he was very good.

Latest posts

Back