sources of nuclei around the South Coast / New Forest area?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Good evening all. Can anyone recommend any reputable sources of nuclei around the South Coast / New Forest area? Happy to drive a couple of hours or so. Ive been looking at Beckys Bees (who just sold out this week) but i’d love to hear everyone's recommendations. Thank you very much in advance! Harry

Good evening all. Can anyone recommend any reputable sources of nuclei around the South Coast / New Forest area? Happy to drive a couple of hours or so. Ive been looking at Beckys Bees (who just sold out this week) but i’d love to hear everyone's recommendations. Thank you very much in advance! Harry
Paynes Bees in Brihton have nucs of bees available. They are nice bees and productive (same bees as they use for their own colonies). They come in a Paynes Poly Nuc so they are not cheap ... but .. you won't find that many reputable suppliers with Nucs available.

https://paynesbeefarm.co.uk/products/6-frame-b-s-nuc

Paynes Bees in Brihton have nucs of bees available. They are nice bees and productive (same bees as they use for their own colonies). They come in a Paynes Poly Nuc so they are not cheap ... but .. you won't find that many reputable suppliers with Nucs available.

https://paynesbeefarm.co.uk/products/6-frame-b-s-nuc
Thank you very much. Coincidentally I just emailed them! They’re also not too far (less than 2 hours) which is even better.

Thank you again, adds that extra confidence when someone recommends a company.

Thank you very much. Coincidentally I just emailed them! They’re also not too far (less than 2 hours) which is even better.

i bought a virgin queen of them last year ..nice people to deal with ..

They are a family concern - nice people, Roger has always been helpful and friendly and as well as me I know people who have their bees.

I always thought Paynes were good until I ordered 4 x 14x12 nucs for a client about 5 years ago. When they arrived the 6 frame nucs were made up as 3 frames of brood, 2 of sparse stores and one that was hardly more than foundation. When I complained I was told that was to allow the queen to expand! Funnily I’ve not purchased from them since.

Latest posts

Back