Some pics to amuse and even inform?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No the slide like a few are back to front. where the reverse will make a difference in lecturing I am reversing them and scanning again, and where it makes no odds I am saving the five minutes.

There are something in the region of the same again to scan.

PH

Hi PH,
I hope you are recuperating ok

Great photos. I bought the same scanner as you to do my old slides. Some I had problems with know which was the right way and it was only after I scanned them I realised they were back to front. The software with the scanner did not allow you to flip it, but I found that Paint (A standard Windows Accessories program) does the job in no time at all. Open the picture in Paint, then Image, Flip/Rotate and select Horizontal and OK save and the jobs done. This saves having to re-scan and it is done in seconds.

Keep them coming.

Today we are off on the disease slides.

Some are very old indeed, esp the Acarine and Nosema slides. The EFB and AFB are newer.

I am not going to label the individual ones as it might be more fun to work them out. ;)

PH

That is an impressive sized colony on the Taranov board if most of the bees under the board are non-foraging.

Dummied nuc, or very poor doing colony in spring.

A shut in Cresoted Nat.

Bees working in a pollen feeder in spring.

A BB set up to fumigate for Acarine.

What can you do if your bees bring in coal dust, is all the comb cut out and thrown away?
How did you stop them bringing in coal dust again, did you have to move the hives?

Brian.

Taranov Board

Does anyone on the forum use a Taranov board, is it as effective as suggested? or as effective as an AS?

Using the Taranov board

Latest posts

Back