So what time do you call this??

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Since being a member of this forum, i have been amazed at the time of day that people access the forum. Exluding the non uk time differences, there are a lot of night workers or insomniacs out there - or daft beekeepers . You can go on at any time and see others logged in and posting,

So whats your excuse for being on here at this time of day. At 4 am on a sunday morning here is mine.

Visiting family for weekend in Norfolk. Fantastic bird watching area and watched hugh barn owl hunting yesterday. Staying at my mums who has installed a clear perspex bird feeder that sticks on the outside of lounge window glass. Woken at 03.30 (and i do the sleep/log thing) by furious banging on window below my bedroom. Suspecting the worse, i investigate. My mum has put fat balls in the feeder and they are being totally decimated by a family of sparrows

07.30 must be time for breakfast surely?

We farm and the animals start making a noise as the sun comes up, so that is the time I get up and feed them.
Then I come back in the house for breakfast, a cup of tea and a bit of forum reading.

Brian

The dog and I take a bracing stroll on the beach at 5:30am. Thus refreshed, I find that 6:30-ish is the ideal time to check on forum events.

BUT (and don't tell anyone else!) - I have been known to pop back into the old coffin for an hour afterwards.

usually awake for the 'on your farm' prog on R4, and (if it ain't raining) then have a cuppa sitting in garden watching the bees ( before the peace is disturbed by the traffic noise )

Since being a member of this forum, i have been amazed at the time of day that people access the forum. Exluding the non uk time differences, there are a lot of night workers or insomniacs out there - or daft beekeepers . You can go on at any time and see others logged in and posting,

So whats your excuse for being on here at this time of day. At 4 am on a sunday morning here is mine.

Visiting family for weekend in Norfolk. Fantastic bird watching area and watched hugh barn owl hunting yesterday. Staying at my mums who has installed a clear perspex bird feeder that sticks on the outside of lounge window glass. Woken at 03.30 (and i do the sleep/log thing) by furious banging on window below my bedroom. Suspecting the worse, i investigate. My mum has put fat balls in the feeder and they are being totally decimated by a family of sparrows

07.30 must be time for breakfast surely?

My 5 year old would just love it there! He is obsessed with birds. I have odd children, my 9 year old is obsessed with fungi.....the 12 year old is normal, he loves computer games ;)

No excuse for me visiting the forum at daft times, just insomnia.

i have to get up at 5.00am to milk our 700 goats, have a quick peek at the forum with a cup of coffee,then of to work we go.

700 goats? Sounds like nanny state to me...

some off us work nights as well so 3am is dinner time

Used to worry about financial things like how am I going to get more customers. Then started to keep bees, varroa queenlessness started to worry me and keep me awake at night. Then I joined the forum now I am kept awake thinking about is the Bee Inspector going to come to the rescue of the abandoned hive, RAB's incident, is Admin going to end up in the dock over the name and shame incident. Far more happening here than on all the soaps rolled together, although I don't watch any. Too busy reading all the threads.

Thanks Admin for a brilliant site, insomnia seems a small price to pay!!!!

Used to worry about financial things like how am I going to get more customers. Then started to keep bees, varroa queenlessness started to worry me and keep me awake at night. Then I joined the forum now I am kept awake thinking about is the Bee Inspector going to come to the rescue of the abandoned hive, RAB's incident, is Admin going to end up in the dock over the name and shame incident. Far more happening here than on all the soaps rolled together, although I don't watch any. Too busy reading all the threads.

Thanks Admin for a brilliant site, insomnia seems a small price to pay!!!!

Excellent post :cheers2: Post of the month lol

Now how about that the others admit that they are logged on at work.:hurray:

Yep me too.........sign in every couple of hours or so at work to look though the new posts!

I like being the boss and use delegation excessivley to free up my time for forum browsing. Hehe :)

At work, too.

ps loving the goat gags, psafloyd and victor meldrew !

Latest posts

Back