snow Forecast

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poly Hive

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
12 and 18 Nucs
It has proved to be spot on here, 2-40pm it began to trickle down. Very light and not looking serious so far.

Watched a Derbyshire gritter putting it down on the A50 and he was pelting it on, and further had a plough mounted, first I have seen around here this winter.

PH

Started here in Rochdale at 12.10pm and it's still snowing

same here, started a little after midday but it's slacking off now - usual increase in the volume of idi-ots slipping and sliding in their cars navigating the steep hill outside Brynmair

The snow ploughs at Heathrow have been parked ready for a few weeks now. I think they will get used tonight!!

Nothing here,and dont think there will be.Thinking of getting on the ferry again and going snow hunting with the kids .Was up North only last weekend as well :banghead:
Live in hope i supose .

Snowing and blowing here on the N Cotswolds since 14:00. I've cancelled plans for the evening and lit the fire!

Was thinking of doing the same but unfortunately not many holiday cottages left in the area now! :D

"The snow ploughs at Heathrow have been parked ready for a few weeks now."

Gatwick have had best part of 30+ snow vehicles of various sorts parked up since the summer. Quite a change from 2 years ago BUT hope the crews know how to work the gear - previously poorly trained volunteers knackered the brushes.

Nothing in Norwich yet.... Strange area with the weather tho.

I have been in Diss and there was 2 inches of snow on the Bury St Edmunds road and nothing at all in the town..

Snowing and blowing here on the N Cotswolds since 14:00. I've cancelled plans for the evening and lit the fire!
Half an inch or so of snow here in the south-west cotswolds now as well.

If I was in any doubt that we finally have a winter, the animals are letting me know: a fluffed-up, snowy, indignant cat just shot in through the catflap and is now glaring out of the window. I've just had to put more fondant on the bees after they hoovered up a whole bagful in a week. And I've had to increase the wattage of the heatlamp bulb in my python's vivarium: for the first time it hasn't been getting up to the right temperature at night, and he shot onto the radiator when I let him out last night and refused to uncurl... rather like the cats. Only the dog is happy: about minus 20 is her favourite walkies temperature!

Time to crank up the woodburner and crack open some Morgan's spiced:p

a light covering here this morning, expecting more this evening

You still got any Tony or was it the blow away quickly stuff?

RAIN! great int it :(

Latest posts

Back