Snelgrove board supplier ... Who's the best?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Father Fox

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
I havnt got time to make a snelgrove board myself. Which supplier makes the best snelgrove board? Any recommendations?

I improvised a simpler division board from a standard crown board. Junior hacksaw a section out of the side rail, pin pieces of ice cream tub lid over the holes and perforate with a hot nail. Takes only a few minutes. Not quite the versatility of all the entrances but it approximates and works well enough.

My husband made one for me last year, but we aren't living together any more and my woodworking skills are non existent. So when I needed another one this year I bought it from Richfield (go*gle for the link)
It was 15 quid plus postage which is a bit cheaper than the main suppliers and it's fine. It took about a week to arrive.

My husband made one for me last year, but we aren't living together any more and my woodworking skills are non existent. So when I needed another one this year I bought it from Richfield (go*gle for the link)
It was 15 quid plus postage which is a bit cheaper than the main suppliers and it's fine. It took about a week to arrive.

Likewise. Very well made too.

I ended up making the board myself as per these instructions. easy peasy. all the local stockists had run out. needs must. thanks for the help !!

Latest posts

Back