snakes.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juanito

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
Number of Hives
Greetings,
the hungry snake came back this afternoon, we now have an empty swallows nest and two very confused swallows,
On the plus side at 6.15 yesterday morning our bees were covering the false pepper tree next door, happy to see that I am not the only one to get up early for work.

Hot and sunny by nine this morning.... trying to check out the Amm mating nucs before the Latest Great Storm hits Eastern Cornwall.

Saw three grass snakes entwined and opened one National to find a slow worm quietly asleep atop the crownboard... I often get sand lizards.. but this was a first!

Yeghes da

Torrential rain this afternoon hit at 3.00 pm... moments after yet another swarm flew in and occupied a bait hive by the old bee shed!

Last edited:
Greetings,
the hungry snake came back this afternoon, we now have an empty swallows nest and two very confused swallows,

One of our blue tit nest boxes was robbed out with no evidence of forced entry. Perhaps your snake is to blame too?

No relevance to bee keeping at all. Why this post/thread?

Hot and sunny by nine this morning.... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . opened one National to find a slow worm quietly asleep atop the crownboard... I often get sand lizards.. but this was a first!
. . . . . . . . . . QUOTE]

Think I'd probably leave them in place but have they crawled up through the hive to get there?????

Are we allowed to disturb either of these reptiles??
What would be the best thing to do in the circumstances?

I can not think how these critters get under the lid... must be a gap around the edge... could not have got up through the hive as have solid crownboards....

Yeghes da

Why not, sounds interesting.

Do we know what snake it is?

So now anybody can post any junk just in case someone might be interested? Where will that lead if it came to pass? A whole newspaper or three?

Latest posts

Back