Small heater for only one or two jars

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I’m looking for a small heater to keep in the house just to keep one or two jars runny.
We live in an old farm house and run it fairly cool. So I’m looking for something to keep our current honey from setting (ie the jars we‘re currently consuming).
Any ideas?

Could you use smaller jars to shorten the time between jarring up clear honey (or warming it to get it liquid again) and finishing each jar.

I’m looking for a small heater to keep in the house just to keep one or two jars runny.
We live in an old farm house and run it fairly cool. So I’m looking for something to keep our current honey from setting (ie the jars we‘re currently consuming).
Any ideas?
Loosen the lid and stand them in a bowl of hot water, give it a stir as it starts to soften and repeat with more warm water if necessary.

This is what we do currently, very faffy though.
Do you have a microwave ? A few minutes on the lowest setting (take the lid off before putting the jar in the microwave) will do the trick. Again, a stir mid point helps.

An electric coffee mug warmer? They sit on a desk and on some models you can control the temperature. Some also come with an automatic shut off if left on too long.

Perhaps a plant propagator..? This one’s a heated tray type. IMG_0772.png

Airing cpd if you have one or on an Aga if there is one, other wise on or in a bolier cpd where any ambient boiler temp should keep it fluid.

The simplest way is to use a microwave on the lowest setting and keep an eye on it. I store my chunk and cut comb in the freezer to stop it from crystallising.

Back