Skinny Queen

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margob99

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Do you think She is skinny enough to fit through a QX? I am a bit worried about it ....

picture.php

Only one way to find out...

She may well thicken a little yet but I have known some queens of that shape be wonderful Queens. And some fatties that were utterly useless.

PH

Thanks for being so reassuring :) You are right of course, only one way to find out :eek:

Or you could try putting her in one of those queen clip cages - they have spaces which allow workers to fit through, about the same space size as Qexes

Posed a similar questions earlier this year and all have fattened up to be 'proper Cornish Maids' which wont fit through a barn door, let alone QE :rolleyes:!
S

I had a bought queen last week the same sort of size as my workers...we shall see...

Do you think She is skinny enough to fit through a QX?
Not all QX are exactly the same dimensions as the Th0rnes recall of plastic ones last year showed. You will only know if your QX works when you try it.

QX went in on Sunday (plastic one); under a super of unwired foundation - first time I'm trying that out. I am excited!

QX worked; She didn't get up into the Honey Super. And the unwired foundation worked a treat. Chunk honey may be the Way To Go! :D

its nice to see queen even if they look slim i thought all girls try to look good at all time lookin at them they look so good :cool:

does looking at all the girls get your words all mixed up :D

QX worked; She didn't get up into the Honey Super. And the unwired foundation worked a treat. Chunk honey may be the Way To Go! :D

It's nice to get some honey isn't it? :)

Latest posts

Back