Second Year Summary

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's more than a drip, Dani, the sweat pouring into my eyes, suit and all clothing soaked. It's a bit embarrassing really.

If it's bad wear a sweat band.

I wear tri focals and have no probs with misting.

I have a BB Wear suit and also a Mann Lake helmet which keeps my head coolish and also the veil away from ears and face. Inner of helmet is crap but the helmet it's self is very good.

PH

I'm thinking of one of these - it has a built in fan :)

HWE016_1.jpg

Although I really do like the look of the Oz Armour ones too.

Patrick.

But on a more serious note, what do you do when it's raining? Wear a waterproof over it? Under it? None at all?

I know that you don't do a lot around the hives when it's wet, but there must be times...

I've always fancied one of those pith helmets for coolness but they are one size and with the band inside it just rattles around on my head lol.

If it's bad wear a sweat band.

I wear tri focals and have no probs with misting.

I also wear glasses with no problems. It's not just the head overheating though it's the whole body....you end up with t-shirt and trousers literally dripping as well. If you wear speedos and nothing else underneath a normal suit the little darlings know and sting you through it.
I really enjoyed wearing nothing else under the Oz suit and remaining as cool as one could be in the hot weather whilst inspecting and being sting proof. The hood is also ventilated so your hair doesn't end up with that freshly applied brylcream look!. It became enjoyable rather than a matter of getting inspections done before heat exhaustion and dehydration set in.
Of course if all my colonies where as gentle as my best ones no suit would be needed at all. Yes I know, my fault for experimentation with bad tempered pure Carniolans and crossing them with local mongrels....an experiment never to be repeated (at least deliberately).

Latest posts

Back