Sea of mist

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great isn't it? It's the same here.
You can see right in the distance Steve to the brecons and blackmountians it looks the same, all hives up here out flying/ duties makes it even more special.IMG_20211219_114107.jpg

Sunshine and blue skies, after a frosty start, here all day. A queen wasp woke up from somewhere in the porch so I gave her a little honey. She tanked up and suitably refreshed she flew off into the blue sky.

When I lived near you Curly I was exactly 666 feet above see level. Here on the levels if I walk half a mile down the road I am 4 feet below sea level. I guess I will never be above the clouds again!

I more than once whilst walking the top fields of my uncle's farm, or wandering the grouse moor at the Drysgol looked down into the cockpit of various RAF aircraft passing by on training flights.

Just thought I would share this, the valley is all in fog.View attachment 29542View attachment 29543View attachment 29544
It's called a Cloud Inversion.

Some years ago I was sailing in the solent and the mist in Newtown Creek where we were moored was just at deck level and everything above that was clear - never seen it before or after that one occasion .. it was like having the boat moored in the clouds - you could not see the shoreline just the trees rising out of the mist and a few boats like mine sitting in this sea of mist. It only lasted half an hour and then cleared and I always regretted not having a camera with me .. days before phone cameras unfortunately.

Weather is wonderful isn't it ?

When I lived near you Curly I was exactly 666 feet above see level. Here on the levels if I walk half a mile down the road I am 4 feet below sea level. I guess I will never be above the clouds again!
Your missing out enrico, maybe not the cold wind and snow.

often see this if I'm heading towards Llandeilo, as I drive down from the hills towards the Towy valley often the only thing in sight is Capability Browns treed hill in Dinefwr park, like an island in the clouds

Latest posts

Back