runner bean competition

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At last!

Signs of life in the bean department at last...

Not a bean from mine yet :blush5::leaving:

Oh well done Luminos! Not a sign of mine but three interesting interlopers with small prickly seed cases have emerged from one of my bean pots. Not a flipping clue what they could be! (Only one way to find out) :rolleyes:

I've Got a Flower Bud!

This thread has been a bit quiet for a while so I thought I would post an update.

Now before anyone suggests you can get a cream from the chemist for buds I must state this bud is on my bean. Yes, really, a single bright red flower bud.

I was wondering this week-end if my beans needed re-potting as they are looking a bit weedy but there is nothing like stress in a plant to promote flowering.

I fear it will fall off or without a mate will come to nothing but it does show the instinct to reproduce is strong.

Oh well done Luminos! Not a sign of mine but three interesting interlopers with small prickly seed cases have emerged from one of my bean pots. Not a flipping clue what they could be! (Only one way to find out) :rolleyes:

Any signs of life from your interlopers?
:D

Yup John, If you can get an already mated bud, you can split your bean plant next week if the weather is good and raise two plants, the original piece with the bud may need feeding of course . . .

LoL :)

Any signs of life from your interlopers?
:D

Interlopers got 4inches high then collapsed before I was able to identify them, and from 3 pots of beans in different places (kitchen window, greenhouse etc), not a bean, nada, zilch, nuffin. :eek:
Admin, need a smiley doing the 'cut my throat' action!
Sown the rest outdoors in the veg garden this w/e, good luck to 'em.

So Admin, thats 3 new smilies, please - "Shrug", "Gallic shrug" and "Cut my throat action...":svengo:

Guess what, everybody!
I've got beans!
:nature-smiley-005:

Planted mine 4th Dec big smile O look I am ahead of the game 22nd January big frost no more beans just brown things in tray still my broad beans are now in flower in the garden and the new set of runners have just poke their heads through.

Latest posts

Back