runner bean competition

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How long do they take to shoot? Ours have been in a good three hours now, and still no sign....

Are you Jack roche? i didnt know you had magic beans. Oh no you dont thats why they havent grown yet lol

Only magic things around here are mushrooms....
And the mung bean seeds are still safely in their packet. I'll sow them about 1/2 an hour before I want to stir fry. That should work?

Only magic things around here are mushrooms....
And the mung bean seeds are still safely in their packet. I'll sow them about 1/2 an hour before I want to stir fry. That should work?

And with that comment you obviously know what they look like. so you could get arrested if you harvest them. stupid law. can pick if you dont know, cant if you do.

Afternoon tea anyonebee-smilliebee-smillie i feel a bit of a buzz coming on lol.

And with that comment you obviously know what they look like. so you could get arrested if you harvest them. stupid law. can pick if you dont know, cant if you do.

Afternoon tea anyonebee-smilliebee-smillie i feel a bit of a buzz coming on lol.

Actually - I only know because I have been told. Absolutely useless at funghi recognition, so I don't touch any of them. Beans still aren't up.

i'm afraid i'm having to pass on the challenge. unfortunately we don't have any windowsills or airing cupboards and the polytunnels are currently in winter mode.

"do French beans count?"

even if they do please don't try running before you can walk. Legumes are much harder to raise than bees!;)

Just to say I've thrown down my gauntlet - or gardening glove.

Bought some runner bean seeds yesterday and now have them in a Tupperware on a bit of damp kitchen roll in the airing cupboard. Will plant them as soon as they show signs of sprouting.

"do French beans count?"

even if they do please don't try running before you can walk. Legumes are much harder to raise than bees!;)

Ha-ha-ha, I can see I'm never going to live this down...at least legumes don't get varroa mites...;)

Oddly enough, french marigolds got sewn at the same time as the beans on new years day, and the first one has sprouted...I think. I wonder if french marigolds could be used to deter varroa, and how much they should be diluted?

Oddly enough, french marigolds got sewn at the same time as the beans on new years day, and the first one has sprouted...I think. I wonder if french marigolds could be used to deter varroa, and how much they should be diluted?

not worthyDepends on the source of course, and the delivery concentration required. The image of marigolds peeping from the tops of frames did wonders for my OA induced headache from before.

A couple of pics for inspiration. These were taken at our September show the 1st and 2nd prize winners were just under 30 inches, mine (2nd from left) 24 inches long got 3rd.
Anybody fancy growing marrows now

Back