Rhombus Clearer Board Question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codford

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Has anybody tried clearing two supers at once with the above? If so how did you get on, and how long did it take? Many thanks.

I cleared 3 supers on 34 hives In June :If the weather is hot, no issues.
If it's 14C and raining takes several days. (I shake out the bees on capped honey)

Has anybody tried clearing two supers at once with the above? If so how did you get on, and how long did it take? Many thanks.
done four or five before now, but then I'd definitely put a new shallow below the clearer board for them to move into and wait 24-48 hours before taking them off.
the colder weather does help to get them down though

I'v tried three configurations:
1. One rhombus, one hole in the CB
2. one rhombus cut in half, two holes
3. two rhombi cut in half, 4 holes.

The first works just as well, maybe better, than the other two

for clearing I'd say there's not much difference in any of the configurations, although I have found that bees find their way back into the supers a lot quicker with the single escape over a central hole and always ensure I get the supers off those pretty sharpish

Is that an empty shallow? How long would you leave it on for?
an empty shallow (with frames and drawn comb) I'll leave it on for however long they need it - there may still be forage around)

Latest posts

Back