Returning to Beekeeping

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddiespangle

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi

I've been working overseas for the last couple of years and wasn't able to keep bees. I'm now returning to the UK this summer and will be living in Gillingham Kent. If anyone could point me in the right direction of a good apiary site it'd be very much appreciated. The wife's vetoed me using the garden :nono:

Eddie

I'm now returning to the UK this summer and will be living in Gillingham Kent. If anyone could point me in the right direction of a good apiary site it'd be very much appreciated.

I suggest that you ask the local Beekeepers association. Occassionally, people with spare plots of land look for people to place a few hives. You could also stop at neighbouring farms to ask if they'd consider allowing you to place a few hives on their land.

Hi

I've been working overseas for the last couple of years and wasn't able to keep bees. I'm now returning to the UK this summer and will be living in Gillingham Kent. If anyone could point me in the right direction of a good apiary site it'd be very much appreciated. The wife's vetoed me using the garden :nono:

Eddie

Hi Eddie, Can't help with an apiary but nice to see you back ... been a while ... you will find we are still arguing over the same things ... bit like a TV Soap - you will drop back in very easily !

Yes, welcome back

Hi Eddie ............ nice to see you back ... been a while ... you will find we are still arguing over the same things ... bit like a TV Soap - you will drop back in very easily !

Except we have a new Flow Have to marvel ( ;) ) at

Except we have a new Flow Have to marvel ... at

??? Explainez, seel voo play?

Another lot of I d I o t s to contend with and he knows who he is!

Regards, RAB

Hi Eddie, Can't help with an apiary but nice to see you back ... been a while ... you will find we are still arguing over the same things ... bit like a TV Soap - you will drop back in very easily !

Thank you. I'm looking forward to getting stung again...

Dexter what stops unripened honey flowing into the jar with a flow hive? And conversely if the honey is ripened and sealed in a cell will it flow? Sorry for the bone questions but Flow Hives are new to me. Eddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dexter what stops unripened honey flowing into the jar with a flow hive? And conversely if the honey is ripened and sealed in a cell will it flow? Sorry for the bone questions but Flow Hives are new to me. Eddie

31 Pages of speculation here ...

http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=32645&highlight=flow+hive

Most of us in the UK think it's destined for failure for all the reasons in the thread ... make a cup of tea and sit down for a good read ...

Oh ... and it's not going to be available until sometime in 2016 if they manage it ...

It sound too good to be true. It would also take a lot of the fun out of keeping bees ( similar getting honey from Asda)!

Latest posts

Back