Returning Bee Keeper

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtrema

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Dadant
Number of Hives
Good evening.
My name is Richard and i am from Horsham, West Sussex.
I am returning to bee keeping after a long absence, so i am looking forward forward to learning much from the good people here.

Welcome to the best beekeeping forum anywhere... depending on how long you have been away from keeping bees you might find a few things have changed - more so on this forward thinking forum ... some very good beekeepers on here
With loads of good advice...

Welcome to the best beekeeping forum anywhere... depending on how long you have been away from keeping bees you might find a few things have changed - more so on this forward thinking forum ... some very good beekeepers on here
With loads of good advice...

Thank you.
I am currently working my way through the many interesting threads here. Clearly there are many skilled bee keepers here with a wealth of knowledge and some good ideas which i can pinch.

Thank you.
I am currently working my way through the many interesting threads here. Clearly there are many skilled bee keepers here with a wealth of knowledge and some good ideas which i can pinch.

The one thread everyone reads and which has a huge diversity is this one .. It's my first goto thread when I dip in.

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=706996#post706996

With 27500 + posts it might take you a week or two to work through ...it's a great indicator about what is happening around the country and it regularly goes off topic to provide comment and entertainment .. well worth putting on your radar.

Thank you.

There is also humour and a tinge of anarchy so welcome and enjoy.

The one thread everyone reads and which has a huge diversity is this one .. It's my first goto thread when I dip in.

https://beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=706996#post706996

With 27500 + posts it might take you a week or two to work through ...it's a great indicator about what is happening around the country and it regularly goes off topic to provide comment and entertainment .. well worth putting on your radar.

Nothing like a 9 year old thread to pass a Sunday away.
I immediately picked up a good tip; dumping propolis into a jar of meths or alcohol (definitely not my Jamesons Special Reserve) and using it to varnish the hive interior. A tip posted by your good self i believe?

Nothing like a 9 year old thread to pass a Sunday away.
I immediately picked up a good tip; dumping propolis into a jar of meths or alcohol (definitely not my Jamesons Special Reserve) and using it to varnish the hive interior. A tip posted by your good self i believe?

Well.... everyone is entitled to have one good idea amongst the couple of hundred bad ones !!

Seemed like a good idea at the time should be my middle name ...

Latest posts

Back