Return of the Queen Excluders !

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveJNeal

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi All,

I've put this on the Omlet Forum too but ........

so, on the assumption that puttin the QE's on top of the broad frames leads to gapes either on the sides or in the middle, or that resting them on the dummy board and entrence end of the hive leads to saggy QE's - is there any reason not to tape/afix them to the underside of the Supers ?

if we're taking all the honey and feeding thru the winter, then stores on the broad frames with maybe some candy/invert suger syrup in the spring should be enough ? if that's a yes, is there any reason to take the QE's off the supers at all ?

cheers

DaveN

Hi All,

I've put this on the Omlet Forum too but ........

so, on the assumption that puttin the QE's on top of the broad frames leads to gapes either on the sides or in the middle, or that resting them on the dummy board and entrence end of the hive leads to saggy QE's - is there any reason not to tape/afix them to the underside of the Supers ?

if we're taking all the honey and feeding thru the winter, then stores on the broad frames with maybe some candy/invert suger syrup in the spring should be enough ? if that's a yes, is there any reason to take the QE's off the supers at all ?

cheers

DaveN

No an uninteresting idea Dave. although looking at when you posted it I guess I'm the only one :)
I think you would need to be able to remove the Q excluders for cleaning up the inevitable debris.

I think the Q excluders are very poor on the Beehaus, what do others do ?

If I have understood correctly, you have brood QE super? If you do not remove the QE is there not the usual risk that the cluster will move in to the supers and leave the queen behind to die? Or is the beehaus different?
Cazza

Latest posts

Back