removing super

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good luck Hornett, let us know how you get on
richard

ps

RAB I have to ask...what's the KISS principle?

I put the two supers below the brood box over winter and did oa treatment at Christmas but does this mean that they will need replacing with foundation (although there should be no stores left in them) to stop contamination?

Do you mean you now have a hive comprising 2 supers on the floor, then a brood box, then the coverboard/roof? Are bees flying in with pollen?

richard

ps
Ta ican - should have known that !

OA is a naturally occurring chemical and will not be a problem; just put the supers into service normally. No need to re-wax.

Thats right Richardbees, I was advised that because I wasn't going to take any honey this year to put the supers below the brood box with the QE removed. So hopefully in April I should find the queen in the brood box. Yes they are bringing in lots of pollen.
Thanks for the advise Hombre.

Checked the bees yesterday, got one and ahalf supers full of capped honey, no sign of queen, eggs or brood, very few bees in the supers.
Checked the double brood boxes got sealed brood, eggs,stores and loads of pollen.

Latest posts

Back