Ratting

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great action photos :) I love the flying rat pics, looks like the dogs really enjoyed themselves and big, fat rats too.
My little Patterdale bitch looks a lot like the dog in pic no10, scruffier than my dog.

Thank you, that flying rat was courtesy of my lurcher bitch who got sick of been bit so she shook them pretty quick, on that picture she never got hold of the rat properly when she shook it and it must have reached over 10ft in the air.
That black dog is Olive she is my friends and basically special needs in the dog world, we have worked out her unknown breeding to be Border X Patterdale.

Believe me it was Baltic that is why we had to cut the day short.

But a good days work none the less! We have a couple of very ancient (16 yrs.+) hunt terriers living out their days here, sometimes I see them dreaming as they sleep.

bee-smillie Hi Millet saw the pictures on the photo bucket link.
I thought hunting with a pack of dogs was banned???

Really? :D

Rats don't come under the act (although it's illegal to hunt a mouse with more than two dogs!)
The act was basically flawed from the outset ill thought out and devised out of malice spite and some ridiculous feeling of 'class war'.
For the second time (the first was the lead shot regulations) only the Scots got it right.

But a good days work none the less! We have a couple of very ancient (16 yrs.+) hunt terriers living out their days here, sometimes I see them dreaming as they sleep.

Hunting rats and rabbits with dogs is not on the banned list, when i used to go out with the mink hounds we where allowed to hunt rats. :D

Nice pics. Brings back lots of happy memories, wish I’d had a camera when I was younger.

think you sound go ratting in London millet I think they need it.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...than-a-small-child/ar-AAgFaKK?ocid=spartandhp

watch the video at the bottom of the cat being chased by the rat as well.

Tell me about it in the garden in Brentford W London today where I have my beekeeping base and small workshop spotted three of the fattest buggers wondering about as they owned the place. I used to look after a JRT and she loved the garden and a brave rat that showed itself when she was around, a lovely dog and caught a rabid or two when out walking. The rats are a problem they turn up at this time of year, overspill from local rail tracks and attracted to food outlets. They tend to disappear in the summer as I guess they are poisoned by the council and contractors.

Yes, I saw that and immediately thought of millet.
I think it's a trick picture though. Perspective is all wrong

Just looked at the photo and it's clearly not as big as described and that cat is embarrassing.

Yes, I saw that and immediately thought of millet.
I think it's a trick picture though. Perspective is all wrong

Hold a young mouse at arms length and use the right lens on your camera, you can make it the size of a lion, and that without all the photo editing tools these days.
Good to see you seen its a fake and a camera trick.;)

Latest posts

Back