Rant?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The answer to that is so basic its not known to everyone butthe answer is

A BEEKEEPER!!!

So to help this debate along I thought a few good quotes might help;

Quotes by Jung & Freud

As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.

It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.

Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.

Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.

The goal of all life is death.

Regards;

I have also read much of Jungs work.
He said we need something to cling onto(often religion),If we wait for death we die, but if we plan for tomorrow it will often come.

So whats at the end of the empty space,whats at the end of forever.

Hivemaker, have you been feasting from the book again !!

2007-11-06-cookbook.jpg

Mmm. Thought them cakes tasted funny Sweetums,not eating any more of your cooking Admin.

Was thinking E=MCsquared in the night.

So before the big bang there was energy.

Maybe it leaked from another universe.

hivemaker all this crap you started about about nothing.
all i know when i wake up i be alive i am vertical and a fart will confirm it
just got back from Sidney phuoooooo another drink then bed.
all the best mike

Dan told me thats all you been doing is sleeping,sure your not stuck in a black hole. Put your camera away and get on shaking some bee's. 5.30 in the morning,400, packages, no i should stay in bed.

Last edited:
Hi,
I wasnt going to get involved in this but I had another newbee like myself say sorry for asking an obvious question on a thread that I started and saying about the libary approach.
This post (Rant) did make me reluctant to post my questions and it appears that it may also have influenced others - who knows?
When I originally read this thread I was very disappointed and supried as this was the mentality that I was trying to escape when I joined this forum from another site.

We as people all have different levels of understanding, capability, circumstances and ability but we all share a common interest which is beekeeping and this forum should be about the sharing of knowledge, support (which should be stimulating for all concerned) and about having some fun and shared enjoyment in our obsession, oops sorry, hobby!

If anybody on the forum feels that it is an overly obvious question, it is then up to the individual if they want to post a reply or not. But we should not make individuals reluctant to ask, otherwise we run the risk of becoming like some "other" beekeeping forums which just put people off learning about this truly rewarding pastime.

Forums like this have the ability to inform newcomers to beekeeping on a broader and more progressive basis than some of the opinions available at just a local level and should be instrumental in raising the standard of beekeeping as a whole. Lets not shut any doors eh!

Phew! Had to get that off my chest!

Marc

Well said Marc,on a personal level I am happy to answer the same question 100 times to 100 different members if needed.

Hi macow

I would like to second the comments made by Admin.
In a couple of years time we will be leaving the answers to you guys as you will be able to inform new beekeepers of the same question that we all once asked.
So ask away.

Regards;

Well said Marc.

some of you seem to have missed th point I am attempting to make.

There is nothing wrong with asking questions. What annoys me is the "I'll just ask this as I can't be bothered to look it up". Look up on the web or in a book. It is really, if you sit and think a minute before typing, a bit idle not to at least look a topic up before asking.

ah but comes back the answer if we don't ask the questions then the forum won't fill up. True indeed. But if no-one is using the search function on the forum then what is the worth of the material on said forum?

By the way admin I have in my time answered many questions over hundreds of times whether in apiary's, or in lectures, or on the web so have earned my stripes as it were. I will continue to answer questions if I am able to in a competent manner. I attempt to steer people away from the traps that have already nipped me once. I in particular try to highlight the dangers of foreign techniques which in general are not suited to our Maritime climate. A climate that foxes many abroad.

I just wish that instead of the knee jerking question asking some reading was done as well. Is all. :)

PH

Latest posts

Back