Ramadan/Muslim Info Please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbarian

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
The month-long Ramadan fast has started.
One of my neighbours is a Muslim family. Now that Ramadan has started we have been given a small dish of muslim foods. I think it relates to giving alms to the poor. I think I must have been looking scruffier than usual.

I would like to be able to make a small gift to their after sunset meal.

Any suggestions ?

Last edited:
muslims go mad for proper honey! sorted...

Some dates would be an ideal choice as they tend to break their fast with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honey. Those participating in the fast do not drink during the hours of the fast and consequently it is not uncommon to develop tickly throats/sore throats. The gift of honey will be appreciated.

The month-long Ramadan fast has started.
One of my neighbours is a Muslim family. Now that Ramadan has started we have been given a small dish of muslim foods. I think it relates to giving alms to the poor. I think I must have been looking scruffier than usual.

I would like to be able to make a small gift to their after sunset meal.

Any suggestions ?
:thanks: To Barbarian, in the current climate the UK citizen is being "shown" as a foreigner hating s**t, which we are not, but the media has it's own agenda.

:thanks: To Barbarian, in the current climate the UK citizen is being "shown" as a foreigner hating s**t, which we are not, but the media has it's own agenda.

:iagree:

Get us worrying about and hating immigrants so we don't notice the way they're asset stripping the country.

Barbarian, after Ramadhan is the feast of Eid, which is a great celebration for Muslims. It would be good for you to offer a significant gift of friendship to contribute to the feast, you may even receive an invite to attend.

We worked in Egypt for a couple of years with a Muslim crew on a diveboat. For Ramadhan we joined in with the sunset 'fitr' (breaking of the fast) each day and basically the meal was loaded with sweet things - so honey would be really well appreciated :) If you want to do a bit of baking then you would not go wrong by producing a sweet pastry type contribution - covered in honey of course :)

Ramadan

We have the longest day of the year during Ramadan this year. It's probably was quite easy to follow many years ago when people had slower lifestyles.
In our modern society we are always racing about and this must have some sort of effect on someone who hasn't eaten or drunk anything for over 12+ hours.
I know that I would be shaky and unsteady.

Whatever you are willing to offer to your neighbour will be greatfully appreciated (obviously no pork, non halal meat or alcohol) as a beekeeper honey would be good to boost the sugar/energy levels.

As a Muslim myself, even with the long days I still carry on my day just like normal, still take part in physical activity most evenings (play cricket, football and basketball). There is something about this special month that you just get an extra boost from somewhere and I don't feel many problems.

I can't imagine leaving the house without a cup of tea. Hats off for going all day without either food or water. Do you get up early like some of my friends to get some food and water in?

We worked in Egypt for a couple of years with a Muslim crew on a diveboat. For Ramadhan we joined in with the sunset 'fitr' (breaking of the fast) each day and basically the meal was loaded with sweet things - so honey would be really well appreciated :) If you want to do a bit of baking then you would not go wrong by producing a sweet pastry type contribution - covered in honey of course :)

Spent a Ramadhan month in '79 on a liveaboard mostly going out and back to the Brothers out of Sharm ( Nama Bay was a few tents!)... fortunately the crew were Hebru

Yeghes da

I do get up but there just isn't enough time when can eat and to the time it begins again. E.g. 9:30pm in Derby and then 2:53am. Your body has not processed the food from the evening meal to feel hungry and want to eat. So most of the time it's just a glass of water and back to bed.

even with the long days I still carry on my day just like normal, still take part in physical activity most evenings (play cricket, football and basketball). There is something about this special month that you just get an extra boost from somewhere and I don't feel many problems.

:iagree:
On top of the spiritual boost you are experiencing at the moment, there's more and more evidence pointing towards the fact that fasting even once a week is beneficial to health.I try on at least one day a week to refrain from eating for most of the day - just a light breakfast and another light meal late in the evening at the most (I must admit I toe the line at abstaining from tea :)) at one time it was twice a week - Tuesday and Thursday.
Just to show a little support to the many Muslim colleagues I have in the current job I'm sticking to the regime daily at the moment.

I do get up but there just isn't enough time when can eat and to the time it begins again. E.g. 9:30pm in Derby and then 2:53am. Your body has not processed the food from the evening meal to feel hungry and want to eat. So most of the time it's just a glass of water and back to bed.

Hats off to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back