Quick Question Re Queenless hive

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullframe45

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
4 --5.
I recently purchased a Mated Q online ,but unfortunatly for some reason the DB hive is now Q less. I gave them a frame of eggs lava etc 5 days ago as a test frame and they started making Q Cells and are now capping several. OK. I am not going to purchasing another Queen and am not going to risk them rearing a new Q. this time of the year. My thoughts are to unite with another of my DB hives. I have united befor with newspaper and no problems,But do i unite with the frame with the Q Cells and brood,lava on it . Or tear down the cells and just leave lava and capped brood . Thank You

If you’re uniting with a colony with a known good laying queen, you wouldn’t want virgin queens emerging would you?
Unless Ive misunderstood your question, tear down the queen cells before / as you unite.

Thank you, what i meant to ask is would it be ok to unite with the test frame containing lava and eggs only, after destroying all Q cells. Thank you.

Back