Queen raising day in Kent - Sunday 27th September

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Results.....

Widders checked the graft bar today and 8 cells have been accepted!

Well done to those who came along Beedons & O/H, Dulwichgnome and Martin.

For those interested in coming along in 2010 please feel free to contact us via PM for details.

Well done,should they be emerging tomorrow?

HM,

Yes, in fact I have been away all week and came back today and checked one of the four apideas in my garage and one queen has emerged. It looks like the rest of them are about to appear sometime today or tomorrow.

Last weekend I checked 5 of my other Apideas all have mated queens and laying very well so not too late for queen raising it would seem?

Oh and forgot to mention we have set another new beek off with some of my bees in his Apidea and one of the cells we all raised that day! He plans to try and overwinter using his nice new WBC he made himself!
V. clever woodturner! He's making me an observation hive...pics to follow in due course.

Does not sound like the best way to start a new beekeeper off,a cell in an apidea and get them to overwinter it,but i wish them every success.

GWW I have a friend that has successfully overwintered Apideas by putting the hive itself in his shed with a small lenght of half inch plastic hose to a hole in the wall, that he blocked with a cork in the summer
kev

Last edited:
TB,

I have sent you a PM in reply to your post. Just so you know I have added you to the list of people interested.

GWW.

Latest posts

Back