• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Queen Bee SWAP

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zag

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
124+
Hi looking for beekeepers ( 25+ hive ) in COVENTRY ( worcester_warwickshire ) area , I would like to swap queen from Slovakia , thank you

Hi guys , we got more tipes but for swat only Apis mellifera carnica and Sklenar biene , thank you and have nice day

Sorry you got no response. Not everybody likes carnica queens.

Are you offering to give away 25 queens for free ?

The beefarmers i know have very strong views about what strain of bee they like. They know about bees and know what they like.

Sorry you got no response. Not everybody likes carnica queens.

Are you offering to give away 25 queens for free ?

The beefarmers i know have very strong views about what strain of bee they like. They know about bees and know what they like.

Hello , :icon_204-2:

Could you take my reaction on funny way as i took yours .

- You missed couple things , below my nick name is :Number Of Hives: 124+, what mean we got 124 our - private hives and "+" mean other 50 - 150 a yer for sale :) etc

- In uk is average tepmerature -10 + 30 , in Slovakia -38 + 45 ( got it ?)

- Our hives base are 850m above sea level

- we do everything about bees ( insemination , beehive , tools , etc )

- You said :Not everybody likes carnica queens . YES , we know that but you forget to say who : bee hobby keepers ( amaters ) or people which don't know how to work with them , so why we got 100 of them ? LOL

- and now more funny parts for you :)
people ( part of close friends ) waiting at least 1y ( normally 2y ) go get the QUEEN from us and happy to pay 40 - 50 EUR ( certificate , etc )

- people waiting to come and just look at our base :)

- you said 25 queens for free , well how you got at home 1000 pounds for freee ( spare ) , if yes i would like to give you my bank account number

- well , i need to tell you thank you for making us laughing , that was good ...

- you had 2 options Apis mellifera carnica and Sklenar biene ( if you know who is Sklenar )

- we was told do not buy UK queens coz they are no not strong enough for Europian weather , but we want to try for FUN , coz we got money only from carinas , no hobby we do .... :)

- you said :They know about bees and know what they like , well only like but they dont know :) i hope you got about 300 "families" as we got if is good year :) :hairpull:
- dont take this so hard ( do as i did ) and excuse my english ( language )

- thank you and have nice day

Last edited:
To swap means to exchange . Hence the assumption they were free.
You should have put
"Queen Bees for Sale" then everybody would understand.

You should have put

Probably just a slight misunderstanding of 'free'. As a native English speaker I wouldn't make the automatic assumption that swap meant 'free' just because no actual money is involved.

This following quote seems to back up the idea that an exchange of stock is what's being proposed

- we was told do not buy UK queens coz they are no not strong enough for Europian weather , but we want to try for FUN , coz we got money only from carinas , no hobby we do ....

but why they're only interested in bees from "COVENTRY ( worcester_warwickshire ) area" is beyond me unless of course they already have a personal contact there to oversee the deal (maybe check out the quality of the prospective exchange partner's bees before taking things further).

You should have put

Hi Erichalfbee , thank you for your note ( advice ) , yes i will like to exchange queen bee from SLOVAKIA ( will be send , to me and i can do delivery by self or i can post to you , i prefer by self:thanks::thanks: , depends of distance) for ( looking , for UK QUEEN BEE ) English , Irish queen ... i hope this is now more clearer

Thank you again and have nice day
:thanks::thanks::thanks:

Probably just a slight misunderstanding of 'free'. As a native English speaker I wouldn't make the automatic assumption that swap meant 'free' just because no actual money is involved.

This following quote seems to back up the idea that an exchange of stock is what's being proposed

but why they're only interested in bees from "COVENTRY ( worcester_warwickshire ) area" is beyond me unless of course they already have a personal contact there to oversee the deal (maybe check out the quality of the prospective exchange partner's bees before taking things further).

Hi rolande , looks like i i misunderstand , now you can see how can be english language fun :banghead: , and i said do not take a hard , thank you for your explanation and i will try next time to ask what that person mean ( just in case ) , Thank you and have nice day , br , Zag

Zag, are you looking for amm bees from the UK or the more prevalent local mongrels?

TO Polyanwood :sorry::sorry::sorry:

hello Polyanwood , than i need to say sorry , i do apologize , i misunderstand , could you guys talk to me easy way plese , like to kids , so is mucth more easy for me to understand , if you can , please ....

I need to chceck with my dad because hi is the main man ( boss ) and i am happy to do anything for my dad , yek looks like idiot now on this forum aswell ... :)

Can you forgiveme please , and can we strat again if is ok ... If no i will understand :) Thank you and have nice day

ONE MORE TIME FOR EVERYONE , MY SLOVAKIAN QUEEN ( DIRECT FROM SLOVAKIA , THEY ARE NOT IN UK YET ) FOR YOUR UK QUEEN , SWAP , EXCHANGE , ONE FOR ONE . ( YES WE DO QUEENS FREE OF CHARGE FOR FRIENDS AND CLOSE BUSINESS PARTNERS AS PRESENT OR JUST FOR SMILE , BUT ONLY IF WE HAVE SPARE , ORDERS ALWAYS FIRST )

Zag, are you looking for amm bees from the UK or the more prevalent local mongrels?

HI , THE FUNNY THING IS , IN LAST COULE WIX I TRY FIND WICH kinds of HONEY bees ARE in the UK , ON MANY PAGES AS BELOW ,I FIND IN UK IS MIX LIKE IN CENTRAL EUROPE , HOPE I UNDERSTAND THE BRITHIS BEES ARE " British black honeybees "

http://www.bees.me.uk/Bees/Welcome.html

http://barnsleybeekeepers.org.uk/species.html
http://www.beesource.com/resources/usda/the-different-types-of-honey-bees/
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2012/apr/18/black-honeybees-rediscovered-in-britain

ANY MATE IF IS UK TYPE, PART OF QUEEN FROM OTHERS COUNTRIES WHICH ARIVED IN LAST 4-5Y , LOOKING FOR " 5TH GENERATION "

I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO MEET SOMEONE IN MY AREA AND GET EXPLANATION AND EXAMPLE HOW YOU GUYS WORK AND I WILL SHARE MY KNOWLAGE , IF YOU HAVE TIME CAN YOU TELL ME WHOT YOU PREFER GUYS IN UK , WICH TIPE OF QUEEN ETC , ON GOOGLE ABOU COVENTRY I FOUND ONLY Apiary , I WAS THERE BUT WAS CLOSED ... :) I THINKING TO PAY FOR SOME COURSE FOR FUN AND SEE HOW YOU GUYS WORK ... :)

Back