Quality of Mann Lake flat-packs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my order from Ts . Supers look ok but the manley frame ends are all some kind of dark wood . Going to look odd but im sure the bees wont mind .

Last year they were the same, think it was cedar.

Just received a message off a fellow BEEK advising me to stay well clear of the ML supers in their sale - he tells me they are dreadful quality.

Oh S*1T, ive just ordered two broods inc frames and cellright foundation and 6 supers from ML plus two QX's the lot for approx. £111.00, so i'll let you know what I think when they arrive, and if I'm not happy i'll let ML know also !!!

But a friend of mine has 6 colonies all on ML's and is very happy with them considering the price.

Dave

I have Langstroth, not mod nat but happy so far. Customer service great too! Me and my bees get on very well with plastic foundation in wooden frames but others may not. Pine hives need lots of preservative but price is right and all fully interchangeable unlike some poly manufacturers. (I have 2 poly hives from different makers, 5 ml). Also have some nucs and queen rearing/mating gear from them and no complaints (but I'm not very experienced at that side of things...)

Last edited:
Back