Thorne's versus Mann Lake National Brood Boxes and Supers ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought I had enough supers last week but obviously not which was a shame as JBM could have picked some up for me from Maisemore's, so I bit the bullet and ordered the deal ones from Mann Lake, £12.50 each for the "deal".
I have to say they were spot on, Cedar Wood, no bits missing, no chunks or splintered wood, just a few knots and fitted together with tight joints,
Customer services were excellent, a phone call and text to say they had been dispatched and again on delivery.

:iagree: just received some shallows plus foundation and very pleased. The boxes are excellent value and took 48 hours from order to getting here. Even had a message to say what time I would receive them. And they came on time! Excellent service.

I bought 2 brood and 4 supers from mann lake when thornes had their sales on I bought same those from mann lake the joints were very loose on all and on 2 of the supers when I put a super on top of a super there was a big space no good at all those from thornes are brilliant

I thought I had enough supers last week but obviously not which was a shame as JBM could have picked some up for me from Maisemore's, so I bit the bullet and ordered the deal ones from Mann Lake, £12.50 each for the "deal".
I have to say they were spot on, Cedar Wood, no bits missing, no chunks or splintered wood, just a few knots and fitted together with tight joints,
Customer services were excellent, a phone call and text to say they had been dispatched and again on delivery.

:iagree:

Exactly the same with me. Bigger than expected osr crop left me short of supers. Ordered 5 from ml as a trial, took a while to get here but fitted together fine. If you want a piece of furniture then probably look elsewhere. I'm also trialling 100 sheets of the plastic foundation. I've not nailled through the plastic like dusty, I've just wedged it in so will see how it holds up. I've blown 17 full frames of osr this year so worth a try

Nowt to do with nationals as I use Langs but the plastic foundation has been good for me. You can put me down as a ML fanboy for their wooden Langstroth gear. Trying their Q mating hives ATM, will see how that goes. Should also mention their customer service has been ace, few orders incomplete due to back-orders but been lovely, friendly and helpful on the phone. Now if only their extractors were as good value as their hives...

Says cedar in the catalogue. Currently sold out though. Boo!

Latest posts

Back