Printing Avery clear labels

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gloss polyester clear labels - laser printer
matt polyester clear labels - laser printer
gloss clear vinyl labels - inkjet printer with solvent or eco-solvent ink only not a laser printer.

depends what labels you buy.

edit.
http://www.flexilabels.co.uk/a4-sheet-labels/clear-labels/10-labels-per-a4-sheet-83-mm-x-53-mm
these are what I used but the template they supply doesn't work on office 2010, they just fit nicely on a 12 oz round jar but are big enough for a 1 lb jar also.

Last edited:
Inkjets will produce labels that are pretty much waterproof if the ink is pigment as opposed to dye type ink.

What you are doing wrong is stuffing a plastic film into a machine that generates heat.

....have you never noticed that printed paper is hot when it comes out of a laser printer....

Thanks Dishmop, I have, but I also noticed that the packet specified that the labels were suitable for a laser printer....hence my description of "clear laser labels".

I have used Avery clear laser labels, in a laser printer - unfortunately it didn't work. Tried a few times, on different settings, but the label surface seemed to partially "melt". I have meant to take it up with Avery, to see if they can suggest what I am doing wrong, but haven't got round to it yet...

Well worth asking Avery's tech support. Sounds as though your printer's fuser unit runs a bit hotter than most. I wonder whether its a characteristic of the model of printer that you have?

Thanks itma. I must get on to Avery ,and will include the model of the printer - good suggestion, thanks.

Gloss polyester clear labels - laser printer
matt polyester clear labels - laser printer
gloss clear vinyl labels - inkjet printer with solvent or eco-solvent ink only not a laser printer.

Useful information, thanks.

Back