Pot-shot ID, please

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you able to access the CCTV footage and perhaps we can see who is correct?
Do you know the answer to the original question?
I reported it to the site manager and she took it equably, so we agreed it was probably a one-off, and not worth a lot of fuss.

No idea of the weapon, but BB or catapult is easy to carry hidden.

Last edited:
Although, assuming they didn't have permission to shoot on the site, it is classed as "armed trespass" even with a low power weapon, and carries a 5 year prison sentence!
I have an air rifle for target and rat shooting, the same applies if I allow a pellet to cross into a neighbour's land.

Criminal Damage...(carries a ten year sentence),wonder what else they shot at...take a look at that cctv, hopefully identify the culprit, then report, or ask for a new nuc by way of compensation...otherwise they might be back for a bit more target practice!

A few yeats ago I had some idiot who decided that they would use a hive of mine for target practice with an airgun. I found about half a dozen pellets embedded just in the surface by the polystyrene and little damage. Never happened again so I guess they got bored. The impact was likely so absorbed by the poly the bees never even knew. Minimal damage - in fact the pellets might still be in the surface if I had a look,

Used to have a BSA Meteor airgun the range was pretty limited the new gun I have now from Turkey is very near to the legal limit may even exceed it .The limit is 11lb/foot I believe .The new gun will kill a rabbit at a range the old gun wouldnt even reach.

Back