Possible Reprieve from Council.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 National Hives & 1 Observation Hive.(Indoors) & lots of empty boxes..
Following the report out a couple of weeks ago about how badly bees are doing this year because of the weather somebody!!! contacted the local paper and told them about about me being told by the Council that I have got to get rid of my bees because of complaints such as "they come into my garden". Newspaper bloke said he would have to contact the council to verify the story.
Council phoned me on Monday and said they are prepared to look at the situation again as they have had no further complaints. I asked them if they will ask complainants what sort of bees they are and if they can supply photgraphic evidence....he said he would and will keep me updated.

:rolleyes: fingers crossed comon sence will prevail and bees can stay put, prehaps they should net thear garden and keep all insects out, good luck

Very smart move.

I had a woman once call me to complain about bees (unspecified) on her hedge and what could she do about it as she was worried about the grand kids.. amazing the worry that goes into them but that's another story..

I said educate the kids, she snorted, I then suggested remove the hedge.... phone went bang down.

Odd...

PH

I then suggested remove the hedge.
I did suggest that they could park thier car somewhere else when they moaned about mess on it. Then one day parked I my car in that space and they went ballistic, so I said that I was suprised that they were so attached to that particular space considering the amount of moaning they had done about the bees flying over it.

:willy_nilly::willy_nilly::smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5: well said ;)
Very smart move.

I had a woman once call me to complain about bees (unspecified) on her hedge and what could she do about it as she was worried about the grand kids.. amazing the worry that goes into them but that's another story..

I said educate the kids, she snorted, I then suggested remove the hedge.... phone went bang down.

Odd...

PH

... somebody!!! contacted the local paper and told them about about me being told by the Council that I have got to get rid of my bees because of complaints such as "they come into my garden". Newspaper bloke said he would have to contact the council to verify the story. ...

IIRC, you didn't want to register on Beebase.
Once its in the paper, will you be registering?

Precisely, and I have no wish to be registered. Its enough to know that some petty people have nothing better to do than troll the web hoping that they can find something to write about you on a forum.

and I aint really interested in who else there might be nearby.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dishmop View Post
Precisely, and I have no wish to be registered. Its enough to know that some petty people have nothing better to do than troll the web hoping that they can find something to write about you on a forum.

and I aint really interested in who else there might be nearby.

If you had done a bit more work trolling back thro what I have written you would have found that since then I have mentioned that I did register.

Havent checked to see if anything was in the paper.

I'm delighted to learn that you have registered! :)

I cant remember exactly why I did. There was a thread going about something to do with Beebase and I joined to check it out.. Oddly enough there wasnt any other beeks showing within distance they give.

Phone call from council yesterday.

They wrote to the whingers as to if they have any further complaints, but as they didnt reply, the bees can stay.

Not that I had much intention of moving them anyway.

Thats good news :)

I have had many problems with neighbours over the years like you say whingers.

That real good news Dishmop.:hurray::party::hurray:

Latest posts

Back