Poly Hive's?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL ...sick.
A twenty minute soak in a bleach solution sounds easy enough and the same stuff you use around the home but what do you do with the waste? Even more pertinent if treating many hives.

Seeing your apirary reduced to ashes is truly not funny I can assure you.

So it is true then that the medical world have a very black sense of humor?

PH

Bought one

Just bought a MB Langstroth to satisty my curiosity after reading this thread.

I didnt buy their frames as I didnt was plastic ones(a step too far me thinks) and their wooden ones require dont take pre wired foundation (they have to be wired by the user which I cant be bothered with)

I am intending to buy some wooden frames in the Thornes sale next month (Lang deep for brood, Dadant shallow for supers apparently)

The wooden frames they sell have a top bar which is the same thickness all the way along compares with conventional frames which are thinner at the lug. This is an important difference as it makes the bottom beespace smaller with conventional.

Is this a problem with using traditional frames on a MB polyhive ???

[poly

It was delivered this afternoon, I suppose if I assemble it and measure with a nat frame my question will be answered.

Its still in its box and hidden in the shed from my wife. Ill unpack it tomorrow once shes gone out (she wasnt nicknamed the Cracken for nothing):eek:

Can't help you with this one as if they have gone well out of the norm then things are obviously different.

I have no intention of buying one either to find out.

PH

It was delivered this afternoon, I suppose if I assemble it and measure with a nat frame my question will be answered.

Its still in its box and hidden in the shed from my wife. Ill unpack it tomorrow once shes gone out (she wasnt nicknamed the Cracken for nothing):eek:

I'm interested to know the answer on that as still not made my
Mind up what to get :)

I have a poly national which I bought from Modern Beekeeping. Lovely, especially as we are due for a very cold winter and I know my bees will be cozy in thier poly hive!

as we are due for a very cold winter

Please tell us what makes you so certain we are going to get one any worse than last year?

RAB

Please tell us what makes you so certain we are going to get one any worse than last year?

RAB

The cows are laying down in the east corner of the field on top of the ley lines and theres a blue flame on the coal fire that must mean its going to be a could hard one. ;)

Any Bewick Swans at Slimbridge yet?

There's always the old german proverb

Wenn der Hahn kräht auf dem Mist, ändert sich's Wetter oder bleibt wie es ist

RAB
Please tell us where he stated we are going to get one any worse than last year?

Any Bewick Swans at Slimbridge yet?

There's always the old german proverb

Wenn der Hahn kräht auf dem Mist, ändert sich's Wetter oder bleibt wie es ist

I like that - when the cockerel crows on the dung-pile the weather will change. Or maybe stay the same.

(a messy translation)

Last edited:
The cows are laying down in the east corner of the field on top of the ley lines and theres a blue flame on the coal fire that must mean its going to be a could hard one. ;)
The oak tree in my apiary has so many acorns around on the floor beneath it , it looks like they've been put there by dump truck :D
VM

Latest posts

Back