pollen substitute patties and sugar syrup

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghallourim

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Hi all,
If I feed my bees with pollen substitute patties, is that enough, or i should give them sugar syrup too.

My pollen substitute patties recipe is 3 parts Soy Flour+ 1 part Non-fat Dried Milk mixed with 2:1 sugar syrup

Hi

This to me seems all wrong, why feed them now , and that is a question as I do not know the forage levels in Morocco.

Though trying to replicate pollen with that concoction seems wrong.

Is there no ocal forage for them to build up for winter ....naturally ?

Dry milk is inproper to bees. 50% of it is lactose, which bees cannot use.
Rest is good protein but expencive..
Dry yeast is vey good.

Look from this forum my recipe of pollen patty.

An Egyptian bee professor has made feeding researches. Find from internet.

Move bees to pastures where the get pollen. So do real beekeepers.

BrianO

It's important that your "winter bees" are well nourished going into the winter period.
This is especially true of protein intake as this affects the stores of vitellogenin in fat bodies in the head and abdomen. In simple terms these fat bodies act as a food storage area.

We always feed a protein supplement for the last two brood cycles of the year, regardless of pollen stores. The bees always consume them.
Our winter losses are minimal.

I've experienced summer and autumn in Sub Saharan Africa where rain storms almost meant me stranded in the hills and a week later a colleague snowbound a few miles away from their ski resort.
shows us all what an expert you are at the world's weather and climate really - we'd get more sense out of a cracked house brick

Last edited:
I've experienced summer and autumn in Sub Saharan Africa where rain storms almost meant me stranded in the hills and a week later a colleague snowbound a few miles away from their ski resort.
shows us all what an expert you are at the world's weather and climate really - we'd get more sense out of a cracked house brick

My brother lived in Morocco 10 years. I can ask from him. But just now I have no need to know about Morocco climate. And you may go to Morocco yourself.

And you Yenkins, you do not even believe, even if I tell. You do not even believe, that I truly exist, why you ask from me.

But in this forum I am as famous as fiction person Tarzan. And you are as famous as Jane.

I
shows us all what an expert you are at the world's weather and climate really - we'd get more sense...

Show us all. Why heh heh. Remember medication.
My ego says, that let them be

And you have claimed that I do not exist. Why you try to hunt such who does not exist. What is the big idea?

What is Winter in Morocco....

inbetween autumn and spring - same as the rest of the world

That is true. They have there a skiing centre.
And we have camels in zoo.

My brother lived in Morocco 10 years. I can ask from him. But just now I have no need to know about Morocco climate. And you may go to Morocco yourself.

And you Yenkins, you do not even believe, even if I tell. You do not even believe, that I truly exist, why you ask from me.

But in this forum I am as famous as fiction person Tarzan. And you are as famous as Jane.

in this thread more like laurel and hardy.

What I have learned in this forum during 10 years what I have been

- winter is between spring and autumn
- climate is different in different countries

Latest posts

Back