Pollen coming in

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popparand

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
If the bees are bringing in pollen, does that mean they are also bringing in nectar and/or the queen is starting to lay?

Possibly but not definitely! Queens have been laying for weeks. If all colonies bar one are bringing in pollen it would be wise to look at that one to find the reason why.

In a word no.........nectar will depend on temperature could be some but don’t count on it, pollen is an indication a good 1 but not 100%. You could also have a drone layer and they will still bring in pollen. It’s nice to see and a positive sign but don’t count your chickens just yet.

Yep. Looks positive, but no way am I going to open up any nests until the weather warms up!

As Ian 123 said Nectar production is very tempature dependent, my observation willow is 14c and above.

Just started to open very local.
d4612cfecc9bbbd35f3679c5d27eb0b1.jpg

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Yep. Looks positive, but no way am I going to open up any nests until the weather warms up!

It would we a grest idea to catch drone layers off from apiary. And queenless hives.

Workers will be ruined, if they rear drones one cycle.

Latest posts

Back