Piping and quacking

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuc

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Anyone who read my recent post will know i have my first colony and have had swarming issues in the last couple of weeks. With your help a few days ago i removed the sugar syrup from them after being told i could be over feeding and removed queen cells bar one (as i thought). Now i can hear piping and quacking in the hive so i must have missed at least one Q cell :blush5:.
Should i let them fight it out or am i risking a spare queen swarming with more bees again ?
Thanks, Nuc.

Thanks RAB. I'll go back in, find the quacker and destroy. Nuc.

or am i risking a spare queen swarming with more bees again ?

Yes.

RAB

According to the Met Office you are also risking peristent and extensive hill fog, High risk of Thunderstorms, and medium risk of heavy persistent rain, and pretty much the same tomorrow morning, so I think you should stay in and hope the bees will do the same:)

Maybe take a peek (Peak?) tomorrow afternoon when there are rumoured to be some sunny periods?

Steve

Think, before you destroy. I only agreed with you, when you said 'risk'! Only a risk as I am not there looking myself and cannot remember your recent troubles!

RAB

Latest posts

Back