Pick up Truck

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not reading too much into it.

I knew it was delivery mileage and they were travelling from Lincoln to North Wales.

Its a fair old trip to risk a new truck on the ice

The Met Office is giving all sorts of warnings, the police are saying don’t travel unless you have to, and yet you think that the truck should be driven to North Wales from Lincoln? And just how do you expect the delivery driver to get back to Lincoln once he’s left the truck with its new owner?
Be realistic.
I’ve got a new car waiting for me at a dealership three miles from home. It can stay there till the weather improves.

No, I'm saying I agree with their stance.

Was just a bit gutted that the 1st March delivery turned out to be a Siberian blizzard!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Something does not ring true here ... just saying..

Yes but some of us have driven in snow before. Driving home last night at a speed to suit the conditions I had some lunatic flashing his/her lights behind wanting to pass. (Even as we passed a bus in a ditch). The lunatic turned off into Selby after a while.

A pickup truck supplier can not deliver because of snow.? Also the drivers have to use train's ? sounds fishy to me but crack on .. ;-)

Fishy as it sounds, it's absolutely true. I worked for Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles for 15 years, ending up as a truck and van dealership manager.

Delivery drivers are all self employed, and got expenses for travel. They had to make their own way to the point of collection, and then from point of delivery to their next job/home.

That is why you see a lot of guys holding out trade plates thumbing lifts on slip roads and motorway services.

Travel advice is to only travel if absolutely necessary - delivering a new vehicle does not quite fit that bill, especially as their return journey is likely to be to nowhere fast.

Insurance probably not valid if they had to travel through a red weather warning area

Insurance probably not valid if they had to travel through a red weather warning area
A spokesman for the AA told the Record: "It's total nonsense to say you would not be covered during a red weather warning.

There's a story exploring this today in the Metro. The answer is yes you would be, but unless you absolutely have to leave the house, don't!

The Met Office is giving all sorts of warnings, the police are saying don’t travel unless you have to, and yet you think that the truck should be driven to North Wales from Lincoln? And just how do you expect the delivery driver to get back to Lincoln once he’s left the truck with its new owner?
Be realistic.

I’ve got a new car waiting for me at a dealership three miles from home. It can stay there till the weather improves.

The majority of new vehicles that are delivered are delivered on the back of a flat back pickup car transporter..

The majority of new vehicles that are delivered are delivered on the back of a flat back pickup car transporter..
In which case the driver has twice the distance to drive in adverse conditions. Either way, you were being somewhat foolish in your earlier post.

Maybe this sounds funny to you.. these days we go 3km uphill on dirt road covered with snow.. never failed.. Now as snow continues to fall we don't go all the way cause snow is really too high.. Let's say now 2-2,5km and rest on foot..
But it is like tank to drive.. no servo, sound isolation - seems as motor is in the cabin.. But when it see a hill it goes up " as a goat"..
It is so cheap, but quality of parts unfortunately follows the price..

Attachments

• lada niva.jpg
    lada niva.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 40
Maybe this sounds funny to you.. these days we go 3km uphill on dirt road covered with snow.. never failed.. Now as snow continues to fall we don't go all the way cause snow is really too high.. Let's say now 2-2,5km and rest on foot..
But it is like tank to drive.. no servo, sound isolation - seems as motor is in the cabin.. But when it see a hill it goes up " as a goat"..
It is so cheap, but quality of parts unfortunately follows the price..

What are you driving Goran?

Latest posts

Back