Pick up Truck

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lada Niva by the looks of it. The Russian equivalent of a go anywhere you want vehicle.

A Goat i think.. :sorry:

I once woke up next to a goat after falling asleep in a bender after a wild party at bath eastern road protest twenty odd years ago, nice and warm but a bit smelly��

Had it for a week now and really liking it.

Got 30mpg for it's first tank so hoping that may improve a bit.
7f82f369fab440965ee121ea92732109.jpg
6d2680241a0ec6e20eeb85e98ac80a8c.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

At last lal! I was wondering when we were going to get an update 😀
Enjoy it!

Looks..BIG.. unfortunately due to my reality - I first think of how much " soup" it eats..
Beside that really interesting, and seems comfort also.

Seems as we have negatives i will add mine..:spy: Black motors are a pain in the (a) to keep clean, Fuel consumption is as heavy as the motor, BUT one thing everyone everyone forgets when buying 4X4's is the rubber boots, without decedent boots it would be cheaper to buy a zimmer frame which would probably do the same job aslong as you don't pop your hip replacement when humping gear about.

Last edited:
Seems as we have negatives i will add mine..:spy: Black motors are a pain in the (a) to keep clean, Fuel consumption is as heavy as the motor, BUT one thing everyone everyone forgets when buying 4X4's is the rubber boots, without decedent boots it would be cheaper to buy a zimmer frame which would probably do the same job aslong as you don't pop your hip replacement when humping gear about.

Recent snow was amusing in as much there were a large number of 4x4 drivers - with summer tyres- who discovered a 4x4 so equipped is not as good as a 2wd with proper winter tyres.. usually after they were in a ditch...

Recent snow was amusing in as much there were a large number of 4x4 drivers - with summer tyres- who discovered a 4x4 so equipped is not as good as a 2wd with proper winter tyres.. usually after they were in a ditch...

...strongly supported! My out apiary is about 300m up a muddy unmade track along the edge of a wood, and my Hilux Invincible has struggled recently.

I had "All Weather" tires fitted and have just switched to a set of BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO2's. The difference is astonishing! Highly recommended.

Had it for a week now and really liking it.

Got 30mpg for it's first tank so hoping that may improve a bit.

How many hives do you reckon you can get in the back, and how high can you go with the hood on? Is it detachable?

Thinking of going for a Ranger personally, but do like the L200

guy two doors down has the ranger and it's really nice but he struggles to get anything over 20mpg.

L200 seems better in that respect.

Has 10 double nucs in there.

Reckon 5 double hives is achievable

Now have you been out in all the snow testing the 4wd works properly?
It's good fun.

exactly that!!

Watch out for ice under snow on steep hills. I skied down one on my way to market about 5AM this morning, despite descending in 4wd in first gear.....we slalomed down sideways.....got a some grip back about 2/3rds of the way down. A previous car wasn't so lucky and was through the hedge at the bottom....
4WD is great in these conditions but it isn't 100% bullet proof.

guy two doors down has the ranger and it's really nice but he struggles to get anything over 20mpg.

L200 seems better in that respect.

Has 10 double nucs in there.

Reckon 5 double hives is achievable

Thanks useful to know-hadn’t heard anything about the Rangers fuel economy but will investigate.

Thanks useful to know-hadn’t heard anything about the Rangers fuel economy but will investigate.

Designed for a country where petrol prices are much lower than here so fuel economy does not really figure in many buyers' minds

For what it’s worth , if he is getting low 20s to the gallon it is faulty or he has a heavy right foot ? Mine is the thunder version and manages 30 if I go steady .
It’s the first Ford I have owned but I wouldn’t buy another one , it’s supposed to be a working blokes/ladies truck but the spares are eye wateringly expensive .
I would go back to the l200 I had at my previous job in a heartbeat . Possibly not quite as nice to be in as the ranger but in most aspects fairly dependable.

Latest posts

Back