Pick up Truck

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what's the consensus of manual vs auto with regards to a 4x4 truck?

Manual every time for me - it's the way I was taught to drive off road at the combined services driving school and TBH I just like to be in control of my own cockups :D

The L200 actually has paddle shifting on the barbarian model so you can retain an element of control off road if required.

I bought I did the ezyloaders from mark who was pictured with the unimog’s

I have an old Bedford M1120 that I am going to mount it on. Fair big job though.

picture.php

Last edited:
Goran , I doubt I would use those metal hive stands that fit onto the trailers. I would mount a hoist and boom and manually remove and load the hives.
Many thanks for the videos though.

You might want to look at these trailers. The platform with beehives "screws off" so you can remove the trailer part and go get another load of bees. No unloading at the end, just a very large self leveling hive stand and no trailer with bees left for someone to come along and steal.
vcelarsky-special-2n.jpg

Goran , I doubt I would use those metal hive stands that fit onto the trailers. I would mount a hoist and boom and manually remove and load the hives.
Many thanks for the videos though.

Of course, You see different possibilities and adapt or take what suits You best. Same as everyone I presume.
Regards.

That's in the above YouTube clips BF

That's in the above YouTube clips BF

Cheers....I rarely watch utube....which might explain why I didn't see it from Goran's links.
You have to hand it to our continental friends when it comes to bee transportation. I want to get one of those trailers, but currently it looks as though I will have to drive to Poland and tow one back.

Would be cheaper to make the frame that sits onto a flat bed trailer of your choosing. But looking at those hoist, they do look simple to use.

There lay on the floor, scrabbling about, three people to stop the platform tipping over.

Plus with trailer it's such a grey area that you could end up needing o licence and tacho.

I appreciate I might well need it for my truck but we already have an operating center for our other vehicles.

Yes it could have been done better lol. No tacho needed for a trailer that I know of but you are limited on weight and depending on age license, not a issue for me really.

I never new but this is what you mean.

If you use a smaller vehicle (eg a 4x4) for towing, you’ll only need a tachograph if its total weight is more than 3.5 tonnes.

But there's a 50 m rule, the islands only 25m wide, so think I'm safe now :D

I never new but this is what you mean.

If you use a smaller vehicle (eg a 4x4) for towing, you’ll only need a tachograph if its total weight is more than 3.5 tonnes.

Much easier to to than you think, also have a look if it's for hire or reward.

you should have a read up and make sure you answer any questions you might get asked careful.

it's sounds silly but it's not impossible it could happen.

Well, my L200 was due to be delivered tomorrow and I have had an email saying they cant deliver because of the weather! :hairpull: Gutted! Was looking forward to trying it out in the snow!

You poor bugger lal !
All that time and the snow decides to appear the same time as your new motor!!!

You poor bugger lal !
All that time and the snow decides to appear the same time as your new motor!!!

Says a lot if a bit of snow stops delivery....cancel and buy something that works in snowy conditions.

Says a lot if a bit of snow stops delivery....cancel and buy something that works in snowy conditions.

Exactly what I thought (and said to them). Apparently its becasue the poor chap who has to deliver it is reliant on trains to get home and lots are cancelled!

Latest posts

Back