People wanting free honey

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! If I get some 1/2lb jars I might be able to push the profits a little higher. Just until we have more hives and can produce more honey.

I've just been informed that I have to extract the stuff myself. Now this is going to be.....erm.....interesting! I have no equipment, and no clue LOL :p

You've got to laugh, haven't you! :D

Waxy honey anyone?

So, cheapest possible jars are bought from........????

Hi Kaz
Was after some free honey and a few strawberries, but I think I'll ask someone else!
Smile!
regards
Steven

Hi Kaz
Was after some free honey and a few strawberries, but I think I'll ask someone else!
Smile!
regards
Steven

Where's that baseball bat!!

heh heh, I get teased wherever I go lol, heeeee life is tough ;)

I've got it, using it at the moment, someone just asked for some free honey, cheek. Tell the freeloaders to buggy off. Have a nice day, as they say.
regards
Steven

But I'm such a nice girl! I couldn't possibly be rude to someone!!

Pfft ;)

So, cheapest possible jars are bought from........????

I think the Welsh suppliers are supposed to be reasonably priced, but our association sells them to members at cost so it may be worth approaching your local beekeeping association; they may also have an extractor you can borrow/hire.

BTW I intend to give a little to close family, to those that have helped me and drop some off where I have collected swarms from.

WOW! If I get some 1/2lb jars I might be able to push the profits a little higher. Just until we have more hives and can produce more honey.

I've just been informed that I have to extract the stuff myself. Now this is going to be.....erm.....interesting! I have no equipment, and no clue LOL :p

You've got to laugh, haven't you! :D

Waxy honey anyone?
Most local associations loan extractors and equipment ( for a reasonable fee)

For smaller outfits there is a table top two frame extractor available , manufacturers name escapes me at the moment .
No doubt someone will furnish you with the answer , that's the beauty of forums :)

VM

problem will be the P&P on a small order.

try local association (both for extractor hire and jars)

or else there must be someone in your area ordering jars soon (or has a shed full).

I gave a lot away free to family and friends last year as it was my first crop but this year it's been pay up or you don't get any honey.
The only exceptions are people who help me like my brother who works in the building trade and can get me bits for projects on the house, also he's getting me some cedar wood soon so I'm going to have a go at building my own hives, for which he can have as much honey as he wants.

Somebody said to me the other day "if I bring you a jar can you put some honey in it" i assume he wants it free of charge!

Kaz
wynn jones is very good for jars they have a website
aslo i just picked up a beeonabudget extractor from TH Orns, small compact but works well for one or two hives.
:party:

Assuming you want them to purchase your honey in the future then a free jar 'first time; they ask is fine. The 4oz jars a great for that.

Latest posts

Back