Paying European suppliers

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris B

Queen Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
I just paid an invoice in euros to Fritz using a webservice called Transferwise.
It was very slick, and saved me about 2.5% of the amount which Lloyds bank would have charged me as their exchange rates are much worse. Worth a look if you're doing anything similar.

The only slight hitch, money laundering regulations require them to validate your identity. I first registered as a business which meant they had more checks to do and I didn't have all the information handy. In the end I re-registered as an individual and just used a passport which turned out to be quicker. But now I'm set up I don't need to go through that again.

I used this as well. It saved me some cash that would have been taken by the parasitic bank. It was faster too. The only downside was that the bank here charged a few euros which wouldn't happen with a normal SEPA transfer. Yes a good method.

Is there a similar service known of that supports transactions to the US as opposed?

Latest posts

Back