package prices

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FWIW I fully endorse Mike the bee's bees. :)

Excellent nucs I received from him.

PH

I have listened to good and bad regards Mikes Nucs,thats why it will be a good idea to have a database with feedback.

I shall make sure that we dont get some sellers adding bad feedback to other sellers feedback.

That way buyers should get what they want.

A word of warning/advice.

Your local beekeepers may be funny about you bringing bees in from 15 miles down the road, let alone 100 miles away, or (dare I even say it) overseas. I do have some symapthy with that viewpoint but not quite as "religious" as some.

So ask your locals to supply you with 2 nucs. If they can't or won't do it they can have no complaints if you spread the net further afield.

Also, you will find suppliers who will post a nuc. But collect it yourself if at all possible. Things can happen in transit.

I agree with your post regards shipping Chris.

As for buying local you can get good and bad.

For instance I have local mongrels and am happy with them yet other local beekeepers may want to go with the idea of a pure Carnie or Italian line that nobody sells in the area.

How is your Honey Syndicate going, have you had much interest ?

Yes a pure Italian or whatever might be ideal, but as a beginner the good favour of neighbour beekeepers is also very valuable. But at least asking them builds the foundations of good relations - if they can't supply and a newbie brings in something they don't like, then they only have themselves to blame.

The Syndicate. Word travels I see. So far so good but ask me the same question next August. Plenty of interest - as much as I'm comfortable with for the first year. If it works I'll be shouting a lot louder about it this time next year and trying to get others involved.

Regards
Chris

I like to keep my finger on the pulse ;)

Sounds like a good idea.

Admin. i think your data base is a really good idea,very useful.

Artibaton
i have found a provider of packages here in the uk, i believe the queens may be imported scutella but at £180 + p&p for a double set they seem steep when that would be what i would expect to pay for a nuc

Hi my friend how about langstroth hives that have come back from the heather with at least 2/3 supers all new hoffman frames foundation for the sum of £185each take your pick from 80 hives I’m feeling generous to all members this Christmas.

Box’s are V-good, Better still I will reduce price for quantity of 25.
"if others read this and want for nuFFing NO DEAL"
all the best mike

wow yeah that sounds great mike, how long are these likely to be available?

could you pm me with more details?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back