Package bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing on their site about packages plus importing direct from NZ is going to be interesting to say the least with regs.

PH

Have not seen that site before.

They say - "Affectionately known as the 'grey grizzly bee'"

How very dare they !!!

LOL I just took a look there too. :smilielol5:

Old Doug seems rather well covered for manipulating a small nuc of ever so gentle Carnis, !!.

:)

Old Doug seems rather well covered for manipulating a small nuc of ever so gentle Carnis, !!.

:)

Glad to see hes taking hygene precautions with the disposables!
Anybody know the source of the mid wales nucs offered on this site?

If it's the guy I'm thinking of he may be a seasonal bee inspector as well so he know's when to cover up.

Hi All
I know you should have at least two drawn out combs for package bees but if you have none will xtra feeding make the diffrence

You shouldn't put in drawn out combs - just give them fresh foundation in a clean hive and feed.

One of the benefits of packages is that you aren't transferring disease from combs.

If your combs do not have any disease there is no reason to not use them.

Has anyone contacted the famous "Doug" for prices?

PH

If your combs do not have any disease there is no reason to not use them.

Has anyone contacted the famous "Doug" for prices?

PH
I have
£110 package
nucs £150 choice of Carni and Welsh black

Grub

You shouldn't put in drawn out combs - just give them fresh foundation in a clean hive and feed.

One of the benefits of packages is that you aren't transferring disease from combs.
Crg
I havent got a choice I dont have any drawn out combs plus at this point in time no bees, I have enjoyed all the posts though intresting reading thats what I like about the forum so many diffrent opnions.

Grub

I have
£110 package
nucs £150 choice of Carni and Welsh black

Grub

that make no sense to me, for £40 more you get 5 frames (with box?), all drawn foundation, 2-3 frames of brood, plenty of stores and 2-3 times as many bees.

I think your package price is double what it should be

Beggars belief anyone would prefer to buy an undersize package of foreigners for nearly the same dosh as a uk bred 5 frame nuc

Beggars belief anyone would prefer to buy an undersize package of foreigners for nearly the same dosh as a uk bred 5 frame nuc

I can see reasons for having a package of bees but not at that price given how much nucs are.

nuff said, I must make some calls into europe :)

PS I sent them an email asking for prices

Last edited:
Hi

Parks packages used to be N.Z I thought?

They have been bringing them in long before Mike.

Regards Ian

I think you are correct Ian,my mistake.
I was thinking of another main supplier..

Latest posts

Back