Oxalic Acid Treatment

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a bit of comfort for those who don't use acid......I don't, never have, and don't intend to. That is not to say that it is wrong, just that I have never found the need. I do treat in autumn though. So don't feel guilty if like me you prefer not to upset your bees in the middle of winter!
Happy Christmas
E

So don't feel guilty if like me you prefer not to upset your bees in the middle of winter!
Happy Christmas
E

This is the beginners' section, but anyone who is up to the challenge of dribbling is certainly up to the challenge of vaping and I have been ASTONISHED by how little OA vaping upsets colonies. My most recent experience was with the Varrox about 1cm below the OMF of a Paynes poly nuc that I have double-brooded. I slipped a hive tool under the clear "crownboard" to get an upward draft. As the vapour hit the colony they initially, and immediately, fanned it downwards but literally for a second and thereafter it just drifted up through the hive. I opened the entrance a couple of minutes later half-expecting to be pinged (no suit) and... nothing. Just the first dead mites on the board I had the Varrox on (tinfoil/ damp tissue / 6mm ply).

Latest posts

Back