Overwintered nucs price

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonyatcwfarm

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
7 colonies(national) 1 nuc
Iv got some overwintered nucs to spare
All are in Paynes 6 frame nucs some with one and some with 2 supers
Given the cost of the box,super and frames is 80ish euro,what price for the bees?
Thanks

I would price bees only into there own box at anything from £175 upwards. This is only based on prices i have seen. I'm not marketing bees in any way this year, just to clarify .

Tony , have you settled on a price? Thanks.

We sold (taken deposits) on a number of Nucs on National 14x12 frames, which will include the Poly Nuc for £160. We overwintered a number to make up losses and they have all come through. Never did it to make a massive profit.

We sold (taken deposits) on a number of Nucs on National 14x12 frames, which will include the Poly Nuc for £160. We overwintered a number to make up losses and they have all come through. Never did it to make a massive profit.

I've been selling standard nationals at £150 including the poly nuc. Had to turn a lot of people down at that price, could have sold x5 what i had in the first 24hrs.

Likewise, sold mine for £150 including the Poly Nuc, could have sold them over and over again judging by the interest.
It'll go towards more Nucs and equipment, never understood why some suggest giving them away FOC? Time and equipment have value, let alone the bees, I paid nearly £200 for an overwintered Nuc when I started which I think is a bit steep but people will pay what they feel is appropriate.

never understood why some suggest giving them away FOC?

because of the goodness of their hearts???

It took me a while to realise that the majority of people attribute more value to something they have paid for, rather than be given. Result = neglected bees. I now charge!

Tony , have you settled on a price? Thanks.

Decided the bees are worth 100 euro so if they want to keep the nuc ill charge 180
Put them on done deal last night and a guy from the village i live in just bought one and iv sold 2 more to a guy 6 miles away

It's not just the bees that you are selling. The frames, foundation and the nuc all add up not forgetting the time assembling frames and caring for the colony.
Had a replacement poly nuc from a guy replacing the new one he had with the bees from me. Looked like it had been kicked up my drive and left for me to find.

Not an ad!!!! All are already committed to sale or own use, and orders not being sought.

Our price is 140 collected, home bred overwintered nuc on 6 BS frames, 20 extra for the poly nuc box, which is refunded if returned undamaged and with all parts. Buyer collects except on large orders which are then 'by arrangement'.

Seems fair to me, as I would not really sell them at a rate above which I think they are value for money and at a level I would be prepared to pay if I was a buyer.

Its the same price once the new seasons queens come on line and are built up enough, and can do a job of sorts at the heather.

We do not sell nucs at all after the end of July.

Decided the bees are worth 100 euro so if they want to keep the nuc ill charge 180
Put them on done deal last night and a guy from the village i live in just bought one and iv sold 2 more to a guy 6 miles away

That sounds very fair.

Where are you based Tony and have you a link to your ad?

I'm in Westmeath

Only had 4 nucs but they are all ordered
Seen an ad on done deal nucs for €200 inc box,Carlow I think

Latest posts

Back