other interest

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rowing, Running, Cycling, Reading, Painting, DIY. I notice a fair few people have hens and ducks on here, I used to keep them too!

Ah but have you thought WHY they raise all those bees? Is it in fact not like someone raising small game birds?

Those who can successfully wing a drone from a standing start are regarded as gods in the shooting world. Thats all I'm saying

The trick is to do it standing and the drone should be at 200ft, i have now moved on from drones as they are to fat and slow.

fly fishing, sea fishing, martial arts, rc helis, DIY, gardening, tropical aquarium keeping, ...

you're never too old

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPJTK1YBvs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBPJTK1YBvs[/ame]

I have another B in my life, an MGB GT that I am rebuilding. We enjoy geocaching and I play FPS computer games.

Last edited:
not doing any at the moment but my past passion was flying, Gliders, Fixed wing single engine aircraft and Hotair balloons.

Scuba diving, yachting, canoeing... big old Canadian.. own two! Motorcycling... just love greenlaning, now I'm too old for enduro! Restoring classic bikes Norton N15CS 67 750 latest project... keeping fish, fly fishing, fossicking, photography... bringing up 2 little ones and doing their homework, doing older ones Uni home work ( reading endless essays on ecology) and when I get time looking after an unruly grist of bees!!!

Shooting mainly airguns now, Photography, bit of green laning if i am lucky.

LOADS of greenlanes here in Devon / Cornwall... slowly winning them back after the terrible (and I am not going into the politics) NERC Act!!
TRF member

Wow you lot are amazing. Whenever i ask people at work what their hobbies are they look at me blankly. Here goes....., ski mountaineering, mountain biking, tennis, dancing, singing, canoeing, chickens, children, crochet.

:party:

SKB

I have another B in my life, an MGB GT that I am rebuilding. We enjoy geocaching and I play FPS computer games.

Old cars, have MGTD Mk1, E30 BMW Conv; Industrial Archaeology, anything to do with nature (except cats!:)) Sea fishing, grew out of killing things with guns (except cats;))

Kitesurfing ~ Wakeboarding ~ Snowboarding ~ Partying ~ Killing Wasps :coolgleamA:

OK, I make a list when I see a new cohort. Goes something like this:
====
No TV
12 tractors
Couple motorcycles
A Munga
Several stationary engines
Collect circular sock machines
Make my own socks
Drive a lorry
Have a Moggy Minor
Oh, and keep bees
===
Apart from the other bits and pieces like Amateur Radio, reading and listening to the radio, as well as on this d*mned internet, model engineering, woodworking, etc. I will keep myself busy in my retirement.

RAB

4x4 off Roading and new hobby "Trying to drown myself in my Series III landrover 88"

the puddle in the quarry was a bit deeper than i thought and it came in through the door windows, i then tried to reverse out and a wave of water from the rear tub went over my head bee-smillie

Last edited:
Looks like the theme is shooting, fishing and gardening, with a general outdoors focus. :)

For me, its all about dogs, looking after my 2 labs, hoping to start agility again with one of them this year, foster dogs and volunteering at a dog rescue centre. If I have any spare time from working and studying I enjoy doing cross-stich and cooking.

The other half spends most of his time playing with RC Helis, RC Planes, gardening and general DIY.

4x4 off Roading and new hobby "Trying to drown myself in my Series III landrover 88"

the puddle in the quarry was a bit deeper than i thought and it came in through the door windows, i then tried to reverse out and a wave of water from the rear tub went over my head bee-smillie

Bin there done that, hope your engine did not die unlike mine,i knew i needed more waterproofing,twas only ment to be a quick outing 4hrs later all dried out :banghead:

Back