Other Hobbies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quite a long list for me :D Other than the bees I -

Show my Golden Retrievers
Walking the dogs (goes without saying really :D)
Keep a 750 litre reef tank
Breed poison Dart Frogs
Collect tropical woodlice
Home brew
Allotment
Photography
Fishing
Shooting ( airrifle and shotgun)

I also used to rear poultry and pigs but these have gone now sadly :( and have also bred various stick/leaf insects and praying mantids

I've probably missed something out but that lot is enough to keep me going when I'm not in work as a Paramedic lol

I have two other main interests, one being motorcycles especially older bikes, so if you have one or more languishing in a shed or garage give me a shout. I have three bikes a Honda VTR1000 and two older Laverda's.

Being a shortarse I once turned down a very cheap Laverda Mirage but would love a Montjuic. Since I got married and the kids arrived, bikes have become a back boiler hobby. I still have a couple of Yamaha RD400, R5's. A Honda Ns400R, a Kawasaki A7avenger, A Benelli 354 sport II and a Royal Enfield Crusader. Air cooled 2 stroke twins are my thing.

Now it's BMW cars that occupy my time. I've an 36 318i Mtech convertible, an 36 318is, an E30 320i convertible, an E30 318is and finally a pair of early 80's E28 saloons. A 528i and a Hartge H5s that was once owned by Richard Branson.

Other hobbies?
Surfing,
Wooden boat restoration,
I've just taken up archery
oh and rearing 4 kids, the eldest is 5yrs and the youngest, 21 days.

Being a shortarse I once turned down a very cheap Laverda Mirage but would love a Montjuic. Since I got married and the kids arrived, bikes have become a back boiler hobby. I still have a couple of Yamaha RD400, R5's. A Honda Ns400R, a Kawasaki A7avenger, A Benelli 354 sport II and a Royal Enfield Crusader. Air cooled 2 stroke twins are my thing.

Now it's BMW cars that occupy my time. I've an 36 318i Mtech convertible, an 36 318is, an E30 320i convertible, an E30 318is and finally a pair of early 80's E28 saloons. A 528i and a Hartge H5s that was once owned by Richard Branson.

Other hobbies?
Surfing,
Wooden boat restoration,

Did you once post some pics on here of a boat you were building?

Classic Norton motorcycles
Yachting
Scuba diving and travel
"o" gauge steam railway
breeding axolotls
Landscape gardening and restoration of 16th Century Cornish buildings

When I get the time that is!!!

Yeghes da
I just answered a question on Pointlless because I had looked up what these are.not worthy

Other hobbies?
Surfing,
Wooden boat restoration,

Hey Torq

Great collection you have, including the cars

I had a couple of two stroke triples back in the day a KH250 then a S3, if you stumble across any other Laverdas give me a shout.

On my to do list is archery and making tradition long bows along with getting back into coarse fishing.

Cheers
Matt

Classic Norton motorcycles
Yachting
Scuba diving and travel
"o" gauge steam railway
breeding axolotls
Landscape gardening and restoration of 16th Century Cornish buildings

When I get the time that is!!!

Yeghes da

Hey icanhopit

Great line up of diverse interests you have.

Do you own any Nortons ? A friend of mine has several Brits but no Nortons, although another friend in fact his youger brother has owned his commando for 30 ish years and does not see any reason to replace it.

Cheers
Matt

Motorbikes
Fishing
Darts
Bees ofc
Avoiding helping the wife with her horses
Dog walking
Beer drinking lol
Used to mess around with race bikes and cars a bit but not anymore.

My other interest is rugby union, sadlly my playing days are long past.

Nonsense, at my old club the 4's were led by a 65 year old scrum half, and at my current club we've an occasional player in his 60s (if not 70s). Sadly I've missed this season due to ACL reconstruction at the end of the last one, but had first training session last night.

Sadly as I decided I wanted to live in 'the country' I've got an hour commute each way to work, so with my 15 week old daughter I've got very little time for anything.

Recently:
Welding Tig on aluminium
Machining
Electronics (solar heating system)
Software development
Computational fluid dynamics
Building a 2009 era HPC Linux cluster
in the past:
Motorcycles
Racing cars
skiing
Yachting
Mountaineering

Last edited:
Falconry and bees.

20 mtrs behind my house there is a large collection of aviaries, containing all sorts of raptors, including golden eagles (3) merlins, gosshawks, gers gersakers, harris hawks, etc. Last year he successfully raised a golden eagle chick. I occasionaly get an invite to have a look around!

Dog particularly terriers, My wire fox terrier came I also have a bull terrier and a westie.

we too have a english bull terrier and a new puppy jack russel x lakeland

Bought a bit of land last year so sorting that out and just getting back into air rifle hunting

snap
bought our 7 acres of woodland couple years back, so most weekends are spent doing woodland stuff there, plus have some hives there, plus shooting both shotgun or rimfire, plus a bit of clay shooting (again at the woods)

so to sum it up, woods,dogs,shooting stuff, getting the 4x4 muddy, and a stress free life

Latest posts

Back