Osmo wood protector?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Morning everyone,
I've got 12 wood interior Miller feeders to treat/waterproof and I've read plenty of suggestions through older threads, all of which are great, so I'm not looking for advice on what to use as such. I'm just wondering if anyone has used a wood protector called Osmo? It appeals to me as it's biocide free and is natural wax and oil based. I'd never heard of it until this week and It claims to be 'extremely water repellent ' !

There’s quite a few products in the range and certainly never used it for feeders. I’d avoid for feeders whilst it may claim to be waterproof it’s not meant to be immersed and whilst it’s a nice finish it needs repeated treatments to maintain it. I’d probably just paint.

There’s quite a few products in the range and certainly never used it for feeders. I’d avoid for feeders whilst it may claim to be waterproof it’s not meant to be immersed and whilst it’s a nice finish it needs repeated treatments to maintain it. I’d probably just paint.
Perfect, thanks, exactly the info I needed to hear. Back to the yacht varnish perhaps....

Latest posts

Back