Omlet fixes arrived...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just because someone designs something you dont like doesnt mean it wont work.
I am neither for or against the beehaus. If people want to buy them, good let them buy, each to their own.
At least omlette are sorting out the hives. I bet MR WBC had to alter things as he went along.:cheers2:

I have now learnt as the years have passed me by not to defend anything to an extreme level.

There was a time a few years back when I used to defend the BBKA to an almost fanatical level.

Then over time it started to dawn on me I was being used.

I am not saying the same thing could happen with the Omlet marketing,everyone just needs to be aware that I have been there and got the tee-shirt,in fact I used the tee-shirt to wipe the egg off my face while starting this forum.

Everything in moderation is a good motto.

John, I don’t think Jim sees it as a shrine, although it is to fall into a trap of defending something regardless (black is white etc etc). Not saying you are Jim :)

The BH is just another box, +'s and -'s, its works at one level but has limitation at others, not sure why ppl get rattled about this box on stilts. I suspect there is a lot of envy behind the critics, someone had the sheer gall to produce a new shiny plastic product, sh1t, why didn’t I think of that…..lol

And yes I do have a sample running with bees, and yes I like it good points and don’t like its bad ones.

I think someone else mentioned that 'you don’t get fixes for national etc', that made me laugh, there are more updates/add-ons/alterations/adaptations for the normal open design hives than you can count!

The national as was, and then the modified national that most are much more familiar with are exactly the same today as they were when the standard was introduced. Boxes, floors, frames, roofs, crown boards, queen excluders, mouseguards, entrance blocks and porter bee escapes from more than 50 years ago will still directly interchange with brand new hives and other components.

As for updates, add ons, alterations. With the exception of the open mesh floor with a mite monitoring tray, what updates, add ons and alterations? :confused:

John, I don’t think Jim sees it as a shrine, although it is to fall into a trap of defending something regardless (black is white etc etc). Not saying you are Jim :)

Very true, Veg. I am just reporting the fact, nothing else...in a sea or rubbish that is been banded about.

I have now learnt as the years have passed me by not to defend anything to an extreme level.

I am not defending the hive in any way, more so constructive criticism has aided it the production of modification parts.

You have apparently run out of constructive argument !

John Wilkinison

Far from it John, but it appears you have?

And John if you can not take a joke, fine, but you are all to quick to dish out yourself, but you can not take!

good bye.

Last edited:
m100, pish :), the national hive has developed (and a good job too) on ever layer and even now every other month someone creates a new or better board that is ‘improved’ on the last one, there must be 20+ all slightly different OMF out on the market – easily.

Even the brood box has variations, take top or bottom bee space as just one example.

Frames are another great example of change, thats a product that cant stand still for trying.

Dave Cushmans site says it all, www.dave-cushman.net/

I bet MR WBC had to alter things as he went along.

Mr WBC gave his hive design to the beekeeping world for free. Various manufacturers then implemented their own designs. I think Lee's came up with the sloping sides we now see..

Sheeesh you all know what I mean.

Last edited:
Back