OMF ignoramus question

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JenBee

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Ok I keep seeing it in posts and have to ask, what is an 'OMF'? I get that the F is for Feeder (?) but what type?

Ok I keep seeing it in posts and have to ask, what is an 'OMF'? I get that the F is for Feeder (?) but what type?

thanks for debunking out shorthand, i know when i started then the association meetings were in coded bee speek for at least 6 mths until i learnt the jargon

like my first overheard conversation in the honey show

"what was your count with crystals compared with last years patties, oh! 200 that's high, was that with Vaseline as i find that you get a better count with vaseline" "yes might try vaseline with the acid"

Took me a while to work out what a Beek was, couldn't find a mention of it in any of my beekeeping books...doh!:rolleyes:

Thank you! ok was wrong about the feeder bit wrongly deduced from a comment somewhere.

Peter S - there is a lot of forum, and I tried a search for OMF before I asked! ;)

All hobbies have acronyms and jargon (I work in yacht racing which is one of the worst for it!), I'm not 'up' with the beekeeping ones yet.

MuswellMetro - I like it!

Latest posts

Back