Number Plate

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you needn't worry unless you have a very anal Black Rat (traffic police!) behind you!

lol. I thought they were all like that................

One of my ex staff is now a detective in Dundee (but pines for the bee job) and he says most of them have a very low opinion of the traffic mob, and even leave their bar when the traffic lot arrive. They once stopped me and breath tested me for 'driving in a manner to lead them to believe I was trying to avoid drawing attention to myself'.............and they want LEGISLATION for random breath tests?

As regards number plates, I think Hamish Robertson up in the north os Scotland has one of the best, I know it starts with BEE and I think its 1 after than and maybe a letter.

When we got our first unimogs one rolled up with the number Q68 KBV..........was not too enamoured with a Kashmir Bee Virus plate.........the vehicle was a bit jinxed from the off, and although it was the one that featured in the Waitrose tv ad a few years back, it was eventually written off in a nasty accident about a year later.

Strictly speaking, the plate is illegal (speaking as an ex-copper myself), as the plate needs to have the manufacturer's name on it and has to comply with specific measurements.

However... personally I'd never have pulled you over for it- the font is standard and readable and you haven't messed about with the 4 like some do, it's clear what it is. I think you needn't worry unless you have a very anal Black Rat (traffic police!) behind you!
I think my police contacts would agree with that. On the other hand it's an MOT test fail. Bear in mind I've known test stations at main dealers charging 30-40 quid for a replacement. Legal plates start at around 6 quid on ebay, your choice when you replace them.

I have a French driving licence and the police in the UK can’t put points on it, if I get a fine I can send them a chq in Euros.

Swedish friend of mine has just had to take a UK driving test..... or go home for a few months.
His Ducati has now had to be registered with UK licence plates too...

:cool:Why is that HUGE Police building outside Bodmin standing empty... if it still is?
I usually bypass Bodmin if at all possible!:cool:

I don't know if it's just me, but I really don't get the concept of personalised number plates

:confused:

The plate is illegal, there is no postcode stamped in the corner.

I have standard letters, size format etc but they are metal pressed plates (with no postcode stamp) for the reason being they last forever and with a 4x4 vehicle we went through too many plates off roading. I dont see why the metal pressed plates are illegal myself.

I think you needn't worry unless you have a very anal Black Rat (traffic police!) behind you!

Yes well it was a couple that pulled me over. I bet they must pull over 100’s of people every day if they are consistent but I think I was a soft target and ticked a few boxes for them.

Latest posts

Back